OrangePI Club

Full Version: How do I install ROPI 3.0 using a mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I install ROPI using a mac?
I have downloaded the latest image (RETRORANGEPI-3.0.ORANGEPIPCPLUS.IMG.TAR.GZ)for an Orange Pi PC Plus.
I have uncompressed with 7zX and I get 2 images. One is a .img the other is a .img.tar
I have reformatted 2 different known working sd cards using Disk Utility to msdos format.
I then write the image using sudo dd if=RETRORANGEPI-3.0.ORANGEPIPCPLUS.IMG of=/dev/disk3 bs=4m. I have also tried the RETRORANGEPI-3.0.ORANGEPIPCPLUS.IMG.TAR image.
Then I insert the sd card into OPI PC Plus and boot.
There are fs errors and rf kill errors. 
It goes into the Emulation Station install screen.
Then the ROPI 3.0 install screen.
It reboots.
Then it shows me the Emulation Station splash screen.
Then it goes back into the ROPI 3.0 install screen.
It reboots again and again and again and again and then I give up.
I have tried both cards each with both images and I can't get it to work
What am I doing wrong?
Please help. Thank you
If you get to see the EmulationStation screen, it's working. It's very likely you have sd corruption or a bad power supply.
(12-27-2016, 01:51 PM)alexkidd Wrote: [ -> ]If you get to see the EmulationStation screen, it's working. It's very likely you have sd corruption or a bad power supply.

Power supply is 100% good. 2A.
ROPI 2.0 works perfectly fine with both sd cards. Also able to bot Andoird images as well. 
Why do I get 2 different images when uncompressing ROPI 3.0?
Which one should I be using? .img or .img.tar?
The .img is the one to be flashed. Try reformatting the sd, it seems to have helped a few people.
Apple Pi Baker did the trick.
also noticed it helps to format SD card to EXFAT