OrangePI Club

Full Version: Scraper.... Again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi AlexKidd

You helped me get the Scraper working about two weeks back, and after much updating I was able to get it working with your help. However as of a few days ago I get SSL Certificate errors whenever trying to scrape. Is this something on my end, or does a cert need to be updated somewhere else? If it is on my side, can you possibly suggest any solution?

Thanks in advance,
need full error to analyze it
(05-14-2019, 11:08 AM)alexkidd Wrote: [ -> ]need full error to analyze it

Error below:

"ScraperHttpRequest network error (status: 2) - SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK"
can you send the screen of when exactly does it happen
(05-16-2019, 12:30 PM)alexkidd Wrote: [ -> ]can you send the screen of when exactly does it happen

Actual error occurs when I click "Scrape Now". To see the error, I have to exit emulation station back to terminal. So if i click Scrape Now 5 times, I will have message 5 times.

Perhaps if your not having issues with your Scraper it is something on my end. Due to exception I thought perhaps was some issue due to certificate expiration or something. 

Safe to assume you are unable to reproduce?
AlexKidd, please don't waste your time on this.

Your comment made me take a better look at whats going on. Whilst I do believe it relates to a bad or self signed cert, it seems to be specific to only some of the scraping sources. I changed source and it seems to work. Perhaps we will want to look into that at some point if people are very interested in all sources working properly but I wanted to share that some sources (GamesDB) seems to work.