b. Edit file to your needs:
Code:
sudo pluma /home/pi/tvout.fex

c. Change following parameters and save file:

i. disp_init_enable = 1
ii. disp_mode = 1
iii. screen0_output_type = 2
iv. screen1_output_type = 2
v. screen0_output_mode = 14 (11 for PAL)
vi. screen1_output_mode = 14 (11 for PAL)
vii. hdmi_used = 0
viii. tv_used = 1

d. Create TV script:
Code:
sudo fex2bin /home/pi/tvout.fex /boot/bin/tvout.bin

e. Backup existing script.bin and create new one based on tv settings:
Code:
sudo cp /boot/script.bin /home/pi

Code:
sudo cp /boot/bin/tvout.bin /boot/script.bin

f. Edit module to be loaded at boot: 
Code:
sudo pluma /etc/modules

g. add ‘tv’ to the end of the file (below ump, mali, etc)

4. Audio settings

Code:
sudo pluma /etc/asound.conf 
sudo pluma ~/.asoundrc
change all instances in both files: card 1 -> card 0
change "hw:1,0" to "hw:0,0"

Code:
sudo pluma /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
audio_device = "hw:1,0" -> audio_device = "hw:0,0"
audio_driver = "alsa" -> audio_driver = "sdl2"

if you've already played the emulator before, you might also have to change platform specific config file, for example:

Code:
sudo pluma /opt/retropie/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg

And unmute analog out:
Code:
amixer -c 0 set "Audio lineout" unmute

Plus, if you play videos with Kodi (mpv), audio comes from hdmi. If you want audio to analog out edit file  
Code:
sudo pluma /home/pi/.kodi/userdata/playercorefactory.xml

where says:CARD=sndhdmi , change to CARD=audiocodec
Hi,

Is there a tutorial/solution how to use CVBS automatically if HDMI is not plugged in? I can get TV out or HDMI to work if I edit the script, but how to do it so that I don't need to edit the script manually? Cloning HDMI to TV out would also be a solution for me, but I couldn't get it to work changing the disp_init parameters in script.
Official specs says "Supports simultaneous output of HDMI and CVBS" , i wonder if it's true and what are the exact settings to achieve it.

Anyway, you can think about a script: check dmesg for any "absent HDMI" message and try to make a script rule out of it. Like, if "No HDMI" then sudo cp tvscript.bin /boot/script.bin && reboot
There is no ' audio_device = "hw:1,0" ' in ROPi 2.5, so we need to add ' audio_device = "hw:0,0" ' manually.
(11-09-2016, 08:33 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Official specs says "Supports simultaneous output of HDMI and CVBS" , i wonder if it's true and what are the exact settings to achieve it.

Anyway, you can think about a script: check dmesg for any "absent HDMI" message and try to make a script rule out of it. Like, if "No HDMI" then sudo cp tvscript.bin /boot/script.bin && reboot

Hi,

The hdmi lines of the dmesg doesn't change although the hdmi cable is plugged or not. I also tried to clone the screen using the following instructions, but no luck/skills: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/fo...dmi&page=1
Hi,

New solution attempt.. Is there an easy way to configure the "power switch" on the board that it changes the video & audio output from CVBS to HDMI, the same way like changing resolution? So when you power on the machine it uses automatically CVBS and when you press the button on the board it changes the output to HDMI. Or better if it leaves the previous setting and when you press the button once it changes the output to HDMI and when you press the button for a couple of seconds it changes the output to CVBS.

Any advise or even better if you can give some step by step guides? Smile
(12-17-2016, 07:47 AM)Anrix Wrote: Hi,

New solution attempt.. Is there an easy way to configure the "power switch" on the board that it changes the video & audio output from CVBS to HDMI, the same way like changing resolution? So when you power on the machine it uses automatically CVBS and when you press the button on the board it changes the output to HDMI. Or better if it leaves the previous setting and when you press the button once it changes the output to HDMI and when you press the button for a couple of seconds it changes the output to CVBS.

Any advise or even better if you can give some step by step guides? Smile

on the fly it's not possible. A reboot is always necessary to change resolution. I will add this to the feature request list so we take a look how to improve.
Hello!
Could you please tell me how to open desktop in the menu of retrorangepi to be able to configure analog audio?
It's just that I get the main consoles.
I have installed retrorangepi 3.0
Thank you!
Press Start - Apps - Desktop
(01-23-2017, 09:38 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Press Start -  Apps -  Desktop

Thank you!
  Sorry, I do not know much English and I miss xD.
I use the translator hehe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question HOWTO - GPIO Controller ericktarzia 18 6,574 10-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Last Post: hessamghani
  HOWTO - Dreamcast reconfigure controls - Reicast alexkidd 7 4,341 10-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Fulmore
  HOWTO - eMMC install script for Ropi Harryzimm 30 10,423 08-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Lamerjack
  HOWTO install C library for GPIO and Example Shutdown system with a GPIO button Spirax 1 731 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  HOWTO upgrade system without crash it with sudo apt-get upgrade Spirax 1 758 06-08-2017, 10:24 AM
  HOWTO - Run some ROMs from network share (per emulator) chupo_cro 9 2,083 05-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: chupo_cro
  HOWTO - Using DPad as analog control (N64 emulation) alexkidd 8 3,599 04-11-2017, 08:04 PM
  HOWTO - execute permissions in NTFS storage (useful to change ROMS folder) Sikotik 2 1,525 12-30-2016, 01:25 AM
Last Post: niabi
  HOWTO: Set time from RetroPie Menu Sikotik 0 1,155 12-19-2016, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Sikotik
  HOWTO - Can't run MAME / NEOGEO roms ? Check this thread. alexkidd 3 4,746 11-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Last Post: giujb