Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NTSC in **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
Are there any members here having problem to select parameters in the new Vice menu that comes with ropi 4?
C64 libretro core is default now, specific emu options are available from Quick Menu. Other options like video, audio, aspect, overlays, are spreaded out within the menu. We should keep standalone Vice in the final ROPi4 images anyway.
(11-19-2017, 10:33 PM)alexkidd Wrote: We should keep standalone Vice in the final ROPi4 images anyway.

Ok that is great, thanks!
I finally succeed to move the mouse/arrow with the gamepad using a complicated buttons combination witch is not very convenient. So yes indeed, the standalone version will be more than welcome in the next update (4.1 is still using the quick menu). Thanks again.
You can switch to Vice standalone emu right after launching the game. You can also update to latest Vice from RetroPie-Setup menu, it's v3.1, rev 34293
(01-09-2018, 11:18 AM)alexkidd Wrote: You can switch to Vice standalone emu right after launching the game.

Can you please tell exactly how.
make sure you have the latest Vice configuration. Run from command line:

Code:
sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.sh vice configure

then, after launching a game, press enter when this window appears:

and change default emulator

this was tested on latest v4.1
Thanks, the command line did the trick. Before that it was going nowhere.

This seem to be essential. For the newbie (like me) out there, we should always use it before making any change to C64 config?
Actually this is only needed once, and I added to default RetrOrangePi update script, so it goes automatic for everyone. Thanks
See my other thread as well. http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2481 can't use vice-x64 after the update, only lr-vice is working for me now.