Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook....
Hi! guys, i think u are trying already but, could you try to redirect ppl to ask questions here? a lot of doubts are solved on facebook and its really hard to find anything there, btw where is the FAQ page/forum? Edit: ok nvm i found it at readme first!
As i replied in a similar recent thread, as much as we tried , even locking facebook group for a month, people just refuse to come here instead.
we will try to keep this always updated, in a more organized way.
pity....about 7-8 problems a day are solved via facebook and they get lost the next day
maybe you need some "colaborators/moderators" that can help bring those solved questions to an open thread in the forum? This is only going to get bigger, and the problem is going to get worse Sad
The problem is that Facebook is easier for most people. They are already there, no need to register elsewhere, and you wont get your ass blasted for stupid questions (in some groups).
My personal site: http://moondeck.novakovsky.eu
My GitHub: https://github.com/moondeck

If you wanted to fail, and you succeed, what did you do?

(01-27-2017, 07:04 AM)moondeck Wrote: The problem is that Facebook is easier for most people. They are already there, no need to register elsewhere, and you wont get your ass blasted for stupid questions (in some groups).

Yeah I agree and that is basically what I said in the other thread. But there could be someone that post (re-posts?) news and the solutions to the problems solved on Facebook here on the forum for the people that do choose to use the forums.
i will hopefully do this on the weekend (have some spare time)
(01-27-2017, 07:58 PM)niabi Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 07:04 AM)moondeck Wrote: The problem is that Facebook is easier for most people. They are already there, no need to register elsewhere, and you wont get your ass blasted for stupid questions (in some groups).

Yeah I agree and that is basically what I said in the other thread. But there could be someone that post (re-posts?) news and the solutions to the problems solved on Facebook here on the forum for the people that do choose to use the forums.

I did that for a bit when the group was locked and got most of the important info moved to the forum, but that was when it was still Ropi 2.5.2.
As for myself I'll ask my questions here and anything I learn or do will be posted here first. I'm happy to answer questions I know the answer to on FB, but it's almost always been the same questions asked and answered 100 times before and twice just yesterday over there.
Problem is there is a lot of questions and only 1 guy (alexkidd) mostly that can potentially solve them, for people its easier to ask their problems on facebook but for the support staff must be imposible to keep up with 2000 persons posting their doubts here and on facebook, and at the same time keep up with suggestions for improvements and developing.

To register here takes only 2 mins and it potentially saves a lot of time of ppl who is giving us this great project for free. Hope that anyone who is reading this takes note and go to register  Smile
(01-28-2017, 06:35 PM)kill_us_Now Wrote: Problem is there is a lot of questions and only 1 guy (alexkidd) mostly that can potentially solve them, for people its easier to ask their problems on facebook but for the support staff must be imposible to keep up with 2000 persons posting their doubts here and on facebook, and at the same time keep up with suggestions for improvements and developing.

To register here takes only 2 mins and it potentially saves a lot of time of ppl who is giving us this great project for free. Hope that anyone who is reading this takes note and go to register  Smile

I agree, most questions have already been answered, but searching in Facebook is not as easy so people never tend to search for their question like they could on this forum Sad