Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Install_Retroarch_and_EmulationStation_simple_tutorial
Hi, I had read this tutorial ---- https://orange314.com/Install_Retroarch_...e_tutorial
 and I met some confuse.

1. Do I need to do follow the tutorial before I build / compile the retropie /emulationstation for OrangePi ?

2. Where I can get this SDL-mirror-mali-2.0.3.zip  file ?

Step 3
Code:
unzip –x SDL-mirror-mali-2.0.3.zip 
(Mali patched)

Thanks.
That tutorial is not ours, but you can compile sdl2 from main retropie github , make sure --enable-video-mali is one of the parameters

edit: tutorial package is inside the wiki (bottom of page)
(08-07-2017, 01:54 PM)alexkidd Wrote: That tutorial is not ours, but you can compile sdl2 from main retropie github , make sure  --enable-video-mali is one of the parameters

edit: tutorial package is inside the wiki (bottom of page)

Thanks for your reply.
I clone SDL2 code from https://github.com/RetroPie/SDL-mirror, but it hint that not support mali:
    configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-video-mali

It has SDL2 library on /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf, so I think it don't need to compile SDL2. Maybe I am wrong.

I clone the ES code from https://github.com/harryzimm/EmulationStation, and try to build, I try "cmake . " in EmulationStation-master folder, 
and met error, attached error message file.
Do you had compiled ES success on OPi board?

Attached Files
.txt   CMakeError.log.txt (Size: 1.94 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   CMakeOutput.log.txt (Size: 37.1 KB / Downloads: 2)
In https://github.com/RetroPie/SDL-mirror you need to change branch to mali . (master has no mali backend)

you will also need the framebuffer headers (provided in Wang's tutorial) and libMali.so in the libs folder (/usr/lib or /usr/local/lib)

cmake . -DGLSystem="OpenGL ES"
Thanks for your reply.

I did as your guide, the error still appeared:

Code:
pi@RetrOrangePi:~/develop/EmulationStation-master$ cat CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
Determining if the pthread_create exist failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTryCompileExec3184870269/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc    -o CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o   -c /home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c
Linking C executable cmTryCompileExec3184870269
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc       CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o  -o cmTryCompileExec3184870269 -rdynamic
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: In function `main':
CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text+0xe): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3184870269.dir/build.make:88: recipe for target 'cmTryCompileExec3184870269' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTryCompileExec3184870269] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:118: recipe for target 'cmTryCompileExec3184870269/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec3184870269/fast] Error 2

File /home/pi/develop/EmulationStation-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c:
/* */
#include <pthread.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
 (void)argv;
#ifndef pthread_create
 return ((int*)(&pthread_create))[argc];
#else
 (void)argc;
 return 0;
#endif
}

The cmake version on my board is: 
    pi@RetrOrangePi:~/develop/EmulationStation-master$ cmake --version

cmake version 3.0.2

Maybe the version issue ?
I cannot reproduce, never got those errors. Maybe you dont have all dependencies satisfied. RetrOrangePi is based on Armbian, so it's a good system to begin with.
edit: it won't work in mainline kernel, only legacy 3.4.113
I would like to re-start the compile step by step, thanks for your help.