Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eMMC + SD behaviour
On V4 release, we included the eMMC installer, so you can copy ROPi to the internal memory. We also added a setting to keep SD alive after a reboot (not default). Looks like the sdcard cannot be inserted or it will halt the boot. So we now need to add more features: if its possible, make it work even inserted? Mount it automatically? Reformat it? Store roms? Store other content?

Please post your thoughts.
hello to all,
after i updated from 3.0 to 4.0 my system wont boot if my microsd is inserted.Suggestions?
without additional tweaking , this is default behaviour. Boot without the sdcard, open Desktop - File Manager, then insert the sdcard, it should detect it. If yes, we need to add support for an automount feature , making the SD card forward boot to eMMC.
Is it easy to use the emmc for retrorangepi and usb pidrive for roms?

My opi 2+e is having issues with wifi still
please test and tell us how easy:
1. emmc - install from RetroPie/RetrOrangePi menu, should take more than 30 minutes. Shutdown board , remove sdcard
2. usb roms - install usbromservice from RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/Configuration, create the following folder structure on the root of your usb drive:

retropie-mount =>RetroPie => roms=> atari2600,nes,snes,mastersystem etc

when you plug it in, it will create more folders automatically
(11-03-2017, 03:19 PM)alexkidd Wrote: On V4 release, we included the eMMC installer, so you can copy ROPi to the internal memory. We also added a setting to keep SD alive after a reboot (not default). Looks like the sdcard cannot be inserted or it will halt the boot. So we now need to add more features: if its possible, make it work even inserted? Mount it automatically? Reformat it? Store roms? Store other content?

Please post your thoughts.

The orange pi "bios" always boot on sd then Emmc, right? It is possible make a boot file inside of roms sd card to boot emmc and automount Sd on boot?
yes, there is, let's listen to more people and we'll get a default behaviour.
(11-03-2017, 08:16 PM)alexkidd Wrote: please test and tell us how easy:
1. emmc - install from RetroPie/RetrOrangePi menu, should take more than 30 minutes. Shutdown board , remove sdcard
2. usb roms - install usbromservice from RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/Configuration, create the following folder structure on the root of your usb drive:

retropie-mount =>RetroPie => roms=> atari2600,nes,snes,mastersystem etc

when you plug it in, it will create more folders automatically

I think something is wrong with USBromservice. It's not mount drive on usbstick neither sd. Mount drive working on armbian desktop, but i think the links on folder is wrong too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

usbromservice is working fine, there was a mistake on my post above. The correct is retropie-mount => roms, BIOS, configs => atari2600,nes,snes,mastersystem etc, there is no RetroPie folder in between
(11-06-2017, 06:00 PM)alexkidd Wrote: usbromservice is working fine, there was a mistake on my post above. The correct is retropie-mount => roms, BIOS, configs => atari2600,nes,snes,mastersystem etc, there is no RetroPie folder in between

1. "retropie-mount" is not a folder, is the mounted patition, right?
2. i tried to start the usbromservice from a clean install. I Never started usbromservice from 3.0.1, just in 4.0 version and i install from emmc(i remember there is a problem with that). But for me is not work.

I will try to install from the SD image them pass to eMMC and post the results.