Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Shanwan ps3 controller issue
Hi,

I'm using a Orange pi lite. Retrorangepi 4.0.1.

The Shanwan Wireless ps3 controller works fine with my blue Bluetooth dongle after i installed driver as single remote. However when i connect the second controller it connects as controller 2 and works for about 3 seconds then both controllers stop working.

I have attached log of me connecting connecting two controllers and then both disconnecting.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can confirm that 2 Shanwan PS3 controllers work on ROPI 4.1 (OPI+2E) with no issues.
But the thing was to find the proper BT-dongle, for me only the third one worked, so probably it's a good idea to try another BT.
(12-15-2017, 12:13 AM)greenais Wrote: I can confirm that 2 Shanwan PS3 controllers work on ROPI 4.1 (OPI+2E) with no issues.
But the thing was to find the proper BT-dongle, for me only the third one worked, so probably it's a good idea to try another BT.

Hi,

Whats the name of the BT dongle that worked for you?

thanks.
It's CBR brand - tiny thing with sliding cover.

$lsusb
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter

#hwinfo
P: /devices/platform/sunxi-ohci.1/usb5/5-1/5-1:1.0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/sunxi-ohci.1/usb5/5-1/5-1:1.0
E: DEVTYPE=usb_interface
E: DRIVER=btusb
E: ID_MODEL_FROM_DATABASE=KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter
E: ID_USB_CLASS_FROM_DATABASE=Wireless
E: ID_USB_PROTOCOL_FROM_DATABASE=Bluetooth
E: ID_USB_SUBCLASS_FROM_DATABASE=Radio Frequency
E: ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE=Integrated System Solution Corp.
E: INTERFACE=224/1/1
E: MODALIAS=usb:v1131p1001d0373dcE0dsc01dp01icE0isc01ip01
E: PRODUCT=1131/1001/373
E: SUBSYSTEM=usb
E: TYPE=224/1/1
E: USEC_INITIALIZED=176591
If you could maybe post picture or send me link online that would be really helpful. having a little trouble finding it.

Getting Wireless controllers to work is last thing left of my build. been trying for two weeks now Confused Huh .

Cheers!
Information 
(12-16-2017, 07:43 AM)Wooper Wrote: If you could maybe post picture or send me link online that would be really helpful. having a little trouble finding it.
Here you are (I cut slinding plastic cover to avoid any occasional pulling thing out USB).
https://ibb.co/d2CcaR
I couldn't find any trace of this dongle on the net, it was local Russian brand, but it seems that those guys don't sell it anymore(
It was in my old crap box, so I even have no idea where and when I've got it from...

It's a problem - as I'm going to set up another one ROPI set, so I'll need another PS3 working BT as well, so we both are on the same side. Let's share our findings here?

The most interesting link I googled yet - there are some proven names:
https://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Bluetooth_ada...h_adapters
Cheers!

Ill post here when i find working one!
Got it working!!!

See attached image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great!
So it was BT-dongle right choice issue, finally.
Good to know for others interested in.
For those who are experimenting with finding proper PS3-compatible BT-dongle - important thing:

after you plug in new BT-dongle you have to re-pair your PS3 controller by just connecting it to ROPI via usb cable (for couple of seconds, it's enough). After disconnection standard BT-pairing will start (with papidly blinking LEDs) and hopefully succeed.

Missing this wired re-pairing stage lead me to erroneously consider that 4 my BT-dongles aren't compatible, when 3 of them surely  are. Undecided
Dont repeat my mistakes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Joystick Wireless 2,4 GHz Nill2016 1 1,062 05-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Snes controller GPIO maximinoluiz 0 807 04-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Last Post: maximinoluiz
  Wii u pro controller not working tyrell 2 2,053 12-18-2017, 05:46 AM
Last Post: canadien
  Script for pairing Shanwan BT PS3 gamepad masteripper 0 817 12-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Last Post: masteripper