Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Can't change per-ROM emulator selection
Hello,
I tried to change the per-ROM emulator for some roms, and I had the following issue:
When selecting an emulator for the first time (via the "Select emulator for ROM" option), this emulator is selected, but afterwards I cannot change or remove this selection, as if it's become read-only.

Anyone has experienced the same issue? Can you point me to the relevant file so that I can check it?

Thanks Smile
This would only happen if you're using usb roms AND still haven't updated latest ROPi tweaks OR you have a faulty sdcard.
Not USB, and it used to work a few days ago. So probably the SD card got corrupted, probably because of an improper shutdown (my kids did pull the plug once or twice yesterday while playing). Thanks.

I would still like to know if there's a file that keeps this information somewhere. Smile

PS: missing some parentheses in your explanation to be 100% clear. Is it [ usb roms AND ( no update OR faulty SD ) ] or [ ( usb roms AND no update ) OR faulty SD ] ? Tongue
Big Grin the latter
Rom default emulators preference should file emulators.cfg in /opt/retropie/configs/all
(12-30-2017, 01:26 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Big Grin the latter
Rom default emulators preference should file emulators.cfg in /opt/retropie/configs/all

Yeah, I'm looking for the per-ROM selections, not the default one. They are not in there, nor in the rom folder.
But that's the file that contains per rom preferences
(12-30-2017, 02:05 PM)alexkidd Wrote: But that's the file that contains per rom preferences

Oh man, that's embarrassing Tongue
I was looking under /opt/retropie/configs/arcade/ because that's where my roms are. Thanks Smile

I found a solution. The first line of the emulators.cfg file was corrupt for some reason. It looked like that:

MAMECFG N   �� ...

After deleting it, everything works fine again. Thanks for the help, Alex Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Expand partition after changing SD cards luckithroe 4 717 04-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: luckithroe
  [SOLVED] 2-player USB encoder not recognized in retroarch YiorgosH 2 1,258 09-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: YiorgosH
Star Get boot but can't go into the emulator Himyorange 1 1,000 07-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  FPS drops (every game and emulator) when used two arcade joysticks (pcb brook ps4) webfly 3 1,736 07-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Question How do I change the text color of the emulationstation menu? AeitZean 3 1,927 05-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: AeitZean
  SOLVED :) PROBLEME!!! HELP ME!!!!! fred2617 15 6,753 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: fred2617
  Change to AV NTSC output in RetrOrangePi 4.1 bloper 1 2,377 11-30-2017, 07:26 PM