Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per-system configuration
Hi,
I am trying to put per-system bezels (and some other stuff) in retroarch. I followed this suggestion and it worked, but not 100%. This method saves the changes in the file \\retrorangepi\configs\all\retroarch\config\<corename>\<corename>.cfg. But there are some systems that use the same core (for example, Master System and Mega Drive both use the lr-picodrive core), so we cannot have different bezels for them.

I also tried editing \\retrorangepi\configs\<system>\retroarch.cfg and adding the input_overlay parameter above the #include line, but it didn't work at all. I suppose those retroarch.cfg files are not actually used, after all?

Is there a way to actually have per-system (as seen in emulationstation) and not per-core configuration?
As discussed in Facebook, you need to change emulators.cfg for the platform, so configs/<system>/retroarch.cfg is used instead. Copying all/retroarch.cfg to <system> folder will work fine. We decided to set a single retroarch.cfg from 'all' folder , so the changes (aspect ratio for example) would work for all systems. If/when we find an optimal settings, we might change it in the next update.
Yes I already figured that much. But why copy the /all/retroarch.cfg to <system> folder? The #include line doesn't work? I mean, can't I just add the lines I want to override in the /<system>/retroarch.cfg, then #include the /all/retroarch.cfg file for the rest?
It should work, but in 3.0.1 we had major issues with the #include line, many complaints configs didnt work well, harder to set system wide configs so we just gave up
Anyway, if it works, it works

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Background music gone when system restart. Help! Revnus 0 258 06-28-2019, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Revnus
  GPIO difficulty with configuration ribasrogerio 4 1,136 05-02-2019, 02:47 AM
Last Post: ribasrogerio
  How to hide the messages of system? robson 4 2,641 01-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: robson
Question NEO GEO control configuration by modifying other systems IABO 1 1,349 01-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Last Post: YiorgosH
  Help! DosBox: the system hang up when I start keymapper starxxx 6 3,618 01-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Last Post: starxxx
  Reset configuration pikaia 1 1,591 12-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Last Post: alexkidd