Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable GPIO - Failed to fetch
I know almost nothing about linux, just the basics.

I have a double arcade controller (2 players, 6 buttons each + select, start) with GPIO, then going in to the retropie menu Enable GPIO, screen goes in terminal, a lot of text, errors, errors, failed to fetch a lot and reboot the Retrorange.

If theres a log of this error in someplace, please tell me, so i can explain better my problem.

Also, i tried all methods from http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=44 with no better results, just a lot of failed to fetch.

Someone had this problem? how to solve?
failed to fetch usually means your connection is not working properly.
Please give more details: board name, connection type, when you downloaded ROPi image...
(01-15-2018, 02:38 AM)alexkidd Wrote: failed to fetch usually means your connection is not working properly.

Say no more! Solved! 

I was trying to install almost everything offline. 

Thanks, my only problem now is with retroarch and his crazy control setup.

Close Thread, solved, thanks a lot.

BTW: Model: Orange Pi One
Connection: 2mb via radio (trash internet)
ROPi downloaded last week, 4.02 (?)
I also get errors ... "Enable GPIO, screen goes in terminal, a lot of text, errors, errors, failed to fetch a lot and reboot the Retrorange" - when trying to install GPIO, I also could not connect to google.com in the firefox browser, I also noticed that the clock and date are not working correctly (does not work ntp?).
Also I could not download any theme of the design in the menu, the same error. Although my wifi works, I connected to minipc via SSH from the laptop. Now I will reinstall the system and try again.
I use: orengepi zero plus 2, wifi, RetrOrangePi-4.1.Orangepizeroplus2.img
I reinstalled the system but still can not see google.com, but I can connect via SSH from a laptop. I manually installed myself an ip, a mask and a gateway, and also installed a dns 8.8.8.8

I changed the file: /etc/resolv.conf
adding the following parameters:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

I was confused by the phrase in this file:
# Dynamic resolv.conf (5) file for glibc resolver (3) generated by resolvconf (8)
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND - YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

But! however, now I get a ping from Google,
and ntp working too
root@RetrOrangePi:~# ntpq -p
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
==============================================================================
+ntp.ixo.no 192.36.144.22 2 u 9 64 77 103.130 -16.240 11.744
*mirror.datacent 131.188.3.221 2 u 42 64 17 15.831 -14.711 9.945

------------------------------
what a shame, when you reload, the file is cleared.
I do not understand Linux, but I added this "crutch":
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf
to the file: /etc/rc.local, now all right, after reboot dns is work.
I think the administration should pay attention to the dns

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

if you search the group you'll find that this has been addressed with another approach: replacing the interfaces files in /etc/network with proper DNS nameservers
(02-14-2018, 06:27 PM)alexkidd Wrote: if you search the group you'll find that  this has been addressed with another approach: replacing the interfaces files in /etc/network with proper DNS nameservers

Ok, thanks, I'll look for this solution on the forum. But the behavior described by me goes by default, so I think it's worth adding to the "todo" sheet to solve the problem with the dns. sorry for my weak google translate
alright, thanks, it's in the bugtracker for v4.2 Smile