Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
retropi_packages.sh file not found
so I did an update through either retorpi or orangepi, to make sure everything was up to date.  now when or if I try to access any of the setting in retropi I get an error message;
home/pi/retropi_packages.sh file not found.
Also when I use the shutdown feature either through retro or Armbian it spits out a lot of 'stuff' (it scrolls to fast to read) and the very last few lines say something like: 
Error can not kill CPU 1
Error Can not kill CPU 2
Error can not kill CPU 3
Error Can not kill CPU 4

then it just reboots.

I will just reinstall the image, I read (on Facebook) some dude was having simillar issue with his laptop, when he went to do and update, things/features on his system started to fail, 
so should I stay away from updates ( I usually don't get my Damn Dirty Windows Updates, still running win7)
missing some important info: board model, retrorangepi version, how/what exactly did you update, etc
sorry yeah guess that'd help, eh.....
Opi Pc + retrorangepi ver 4.1, and I did updates through the retropi and retrorangepi settings (through emulation Station), not too sure which update went horribly wrong, but I will record al the updates I do this time so I can be more precise
I tried " git reset --hard " as I read somewhere that might help, but I got an error that my packages or index (can't remember exactly) were corrupt, So I am reinstalling fresh image from orangepi sebpage.
In general, updating all retropie packages is not a good option yet, there are some packages needing small tweaks because they were designed to raspberry pi. So the Windows theory applies here too.

About not finding files, it's a common misassumption. retropie_packages.sh is owned by root , so you need to run it as sudo. BTW, running as root instead of adding sudo can also open a can of worms.

last, but not least, when CPU's are getting killed, you probably have an overheating issue. This happens when you dont have a heatsink or cooler.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AMIGA roms launcher not found LoW 9 4,759 03-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Create Update File Wooper 2 1,869 12-22-2017, 11:33 AM
  Display rom file name in unicode character. pikaia 3 2,307 12-07-2017, 01:36 PM