Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N64 performance-wise settings
Moreover, I noticed mupen64plus core's performance increases greatly (i.e., no sound stuttering in Ocarina of Time) when setting render resolution to 320*240 (it was 640*480 before). And surprisingly, I didn't notice a difference in the graphics. Dunno why this happens, maybe the scanlines help, but I'm glad it does Smile
I found this guide, but I'm not sure how to set video/RSP plugins in order to test each configuration. I suppose the parameters are mupen64plus-gfxplugin and mupen64plus-rpsplugin, but which plugins are present and which are their respective values?

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Mupen64Plus
command lines for Mupen64plus (from /opt/retropie/configs/n64/emulators.cfg) are:
mupen64plus-gles2rice = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/bin/mupen64plus.sh mupen64plus-video-rice %ROM%"
mupen64plus-glide64mk2 = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/bin/mupen64plus.sh mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2 %ROM%"

plugins are in /usr/local/lib/mupen64plus/
IIRC only rice and glide64mk2 are available because the others didnt work or are not compatible (GlideN64 seems to require OpenGL ES 3.0)
I think what you are talking about is the mupen standalone emulator. mupen64plus-gfxplugin and mupen64plus-rpsplugin are inside retroarch_core_options, they have to do with the mupen64plus core, that's the one I'm trying to make work.

We need something like mupen64plus-gfxplugin = "gles2rice", but I'm not sure about the exact values. I haven't found any documentation about the acceptable values of those parameters.