Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPANGEPI PC ROPI 4.1 gamepad problem
I have OPANGEPI PC and installed ROPI 4.1 from http://www.retrorangepi.org/download/

Problem with gamepad
Gamepad is configured but in games dont work START button, reconfigurantion did not help. While in configuration process START is detected but in any games START does not work.

And second question: I have second gamepad but it like SNES gamepad whith only one left and right shoulder and it is impossible to configure it because not configuration requies much more buttons. It fine worked on ROPI 3. How to config such "small" gamepads on ROPI 4 ?
problems with controllers: we're investigating why only some dont fully work, you can try to downgrade retroarch as it seems to fix the issue for some users.

In terminal mode:
wget http://www.retrorangepi.org/retroarch
sudo mv retroarch /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin
sudo reboot

snes gamepad: it's the same way as in ROPiv3; press and hold any button to skip configuration of nonexistent buttons
is there some list of compatible gamepads for ROPI 4.1 on orange pie PC?
@alexkidd I have a similar issue with SNES controller. I configured, I used well in the front end, but when I enter to a game, I can't use Select and Start Button. I use select as hotkey. When I tried to exit, I can´t do that.
This issue only occur with SNES USB Clone Controler (I have a lot of them bought from a diferent vendor in Aliexpress).
Do you have any idea how to fix that?
Thanks a lot.-

Edit: Only occur with Retrorange PI 4.0 / 4.1. In 3.0 or 3.1 does not occur. I tried with a Orange Pi Lite and Orange Pi PC and the issue is the same.
I also use SNES clone controllers
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-New-...97527.html

I use them with PC-Plus ROPI 4.1 and all buttons are working in FrontEnd and games.
Select-X is default to get out of Emulators, haven's changed it. Works perfectly.

Really think when you order clone-controllers you have to be a bit lucky to have it work properly.
I also have a PS3 clone controller and Xiaomi BT controller. I still have to test. Will provide update when I did that.

[EDIT]
TIP: When ordering from AliExpress, check the reviews. There are a lot of customers that try these controllers with Retropie devices.
there is some regression on some controllers, but we dont have them to test. The ones we have all work without problems (xbox360, ps3, dragonrise). We'll check the code for the v4.2 update
I have tested with a controller like this one:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Data-Frog...66445.html
Buttons configure perfectly, the analogue sticks are not detected properly, allerady in use?
(Edit: Got it working, first make sure analogue light is burning before configuration.)
Started SNES game, works like a charm.

Tried the Xiaomi BT gamepad with the BT dongle i use for windows and another one. Both times I can connect to Bluetooth, and configure gamebuttons, shoulders and sticks. However when starting a SNES game all the buttons are messed up, don't have start and shoulder buttons resets the Emulator.
(04-13-2018, 01:02 PM)djcasl Wrote: Tried the Xiaomi BT gamepad with the BT dongle i use for windows and another one. Both times I can connect to Bluetooth, and configure gamebuttons, shoulders and sticks. However when starting a SNES game all the buttons are messed up, don't have start and shoulder buttons resets the Emulator.

Maybe you can fix this by tweaking Controls in the Quick Menu, saving remap file afterwards.
I had a PS3 Clone controller as well. Buttons were messed up in any game. I reset the controls from Retropiesetup. You have to setup al controllers again within emulationstation. But this fixed it for me. I had problems even in C64 games with only D-Pad and one button. Would recommend to try this if your controls are on the Fritz:

Go to retropie Setup ->Manage Packages -> Core Packages -> emulationstation -> Configuration or
Configuration / Tools -> emulationstation
and choose the option to Clear/Reset Emulation Station input configuration

Reboot system afterwards, otherwise you'll need a keyboard attached. Because your gamepad will not work initially in Emulationstation if you just go back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well i need helo...ropi not booting..special case masteripper 4 30 5 hours ago
Last Post: masteripper
  Orangepi pc image comes out of the screen Ropi 4.1 juliodias0297 8 911 05-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: juliodias0297
  how to remove kodi from ropi 4.1? Garrafinha 2 277 04-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Garrafinha
  where i can dowload ROPI 3.1 unrw@mail.ru 1 332 03-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  ROPI 4.2 how long? unrw@mail.ru 1 405 03-19-2018, 09:45 AM
  problem to install on orangepiplus2e emmc co4x 12 1,652 03-16-2018, 02:00 AM
Last Post: FilipeCastro
  PROBLEM - ROMS self deleted on ROPI 4 unrw@mail.ru 5 635 03-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Question Cannonball port not loading (Ropi 4.1) canadien 6 1,138 03-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Last Post: canadien
  8bitdo SF30 Pro Bluetooth gamepad Wooper 4 965 03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: wallacefung
  Shanwan Android Gamepad issue YiorgosH 2 576 03-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Last Post: YiorgosH