Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Boy Zero - based on Orange pi zero plus 2
I decided to make a Game boy Zero based on an Orange pi zero plus 2. Something that succeeded at the moment....

The screen and gamepad are tested. Power and charge module, too. It remains to solder the audio amplifier, usb outputs and a couple of buttons, a switch and collect everything together.
I can throw off links to spare parts with aliexpress, a printed circuit board and so on, if someone is interested.

---complite----

I'm trying to make something similiar with a Ornge Pi One, can you make a more detailed tutrorial?.

Thanks.
im very interested in teh links to parts and more specifically the screen you used and how you trigger the screen output via gpio
hi,

liking the look... really nice build....

i'm in the process of making something similar using a OrangePi Lite....

i've made several GBZ builds using Raspberry Pi, but this is something completely new for me....

thanks in advance...

could you give a little heads up on any issues you faced and also how you enabled the GPIO controls.....
(06-16-2018, 02:50 PM)VeteranGamer Wrote: hi,

i've made several GBZ builds using Raspberry Pi, but this is something completely new for me....

thanks in advance...

could you give a little heads up on any issues you faced and also how you enabled the GPIO controls.....

Yes, of course, ask what interests you.
gpio is connected approximately like this: 
see the picture

and see my message by number:
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=...60#pid4460

-----------------

but I do not have enough buttons, I'll use the controller as soon as I get to it, something like this. this will connect an analog joystick and a lot of buttons on usb or ttl
----
and in zip PCB layout for Sprint-Layout program, for home made building pcb

---
and take care of the cooling, if you use this case, this little girl is burning in the hands when playing intensively)) game-burn-boy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   game_boy_btn.zip (Size: 52.38 KB / Downloads: 1)
(06-18-2018, 11:17 AM)indevor Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 02:50 PM)VeteranGamer Wrote: hi,

thanks in advance...

Yes, of course, ask what interests you.
gpio is connected approximately like this: 
see the picture

and see my message by number:
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=...60#pid4460

-----------------

but I do not have enough buttons, I'll use the controller as soon as I get to it, something like this. this will connect an analog joystick and a lot of buttons on usb or ttl
----
and in zip PCB layout for Sprint-Layout program, for home made building pcb

---
and take care of the cooling, if you use this case, this little girl is burning in the hands when playing intensively)) game-burn-boy

thanks....

but i'm looking to use every input via GPIO, im not looking to use analog controller/sticks

as for the cooling i was going to use good quality thermal pads paired with a decent heat sink....
not sure if a fan will be required, but i've no plans on trying to emulate anything like PSX or N64

in theory, you can connect 12 buttons (I worked, but it's not enough) 4 - d-pad, and 8 other buttons, if you want to use analog sticks, then you need to get numeric values ​​from 0 ... 255. Again, in theory, you can rewrite the library for this, but I do not know the python. It's easier for me to build a gamepad on a microcontroller, such as arduino. think it can be made USB-HID and not bother with the setting.
(06-28-2018, 10:24 AM)indevor Wrote: in theory, you can connect 12 buttons (I worked, but it's not enough) 4 - d-pad, and 8 other buttons, if you want to use analog sticks, then you need to get numeric values from 0 ... 255. Again, in theory, you can rewrite the library for this, but I do not know the python. It's easier for me to build a gamepad on a microcontroller, such as arduino.  think it can be made USB-HID and not bother with the setting.

thanks....

i would prefer to use the GPIO for all the controls...
similar to
Retrogame (adafruit)
MK Arcade Joystick

as i've used micro controllers before, and from my experience the controls are a little better via the GPIO (less delay or issues)

another thing....

did you adjust any overscan setting for your screen, and if so how can that be done....

thanks....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Using an external RTC with Orange Pi moondeck 4 10,130 07-30-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: JulioCesar
  simple LoRa (RA-02) receiver for Orange pi zero rehan1993 0 636 05-24-2018, 04:44 AM
Last Post: rehan1993
  RTC battery for Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 indevor 1 1,345 03-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: kozaczek
  How do I configure ps2 and gpio control on orange pi pc Clayverson 0 2,852 12-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Clayverson