Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uae.
Question to Alexkidd :

I recompiled uae4arm and I can run the launcher.
However I cannot run any games.

It seems like it's starting in fullscreen mode but it's extremely slow and when the usual Amiga boot sequence completes (fading grey to white screen) it suddenly returns to the ES ROMs selection.
If I try to change the resolution to, e.g., 320x256, it directly goes back to the Amiga ROMs selection in ES.
Is there something I missed ?

Thanks

Stéphane
can you describe what steps you did to recompile and why you did it? so i can understand what wasn't working (it's been improved since last hotfix update).
(03-12-2018, 11:00 AM)alexkidd Wrote: can you describe what steps you did to recompile and why you did it? so i can understand what wasn't working (it's been improved since last hotfix update).

I did what you suggested to do:

Quote:if you update from v3 from v4, it's worth compiling uae4arm again with:

=> sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.sh uae4arm  (or using retropie-setup and selecting uae4arm from there)

I did that because running the launcher was not working and I thought it would fix it (what it indeed did, sort of ...).

Br,

Stephane
the command to run the emulator will try to load libGL.so (OpenGL wrapper) from /usr/lib/GLSHIM . I'm not sure if that file is there in v3. Please run the following and post here:

sudo find /usr -name libGL.so*

edit: what board are you trying this? If it's the OPi Zero, it wont work with regular installer (it will segfault on lower resolutions). Same happens with the OPi PC on analog tvout.
(03-12-2018, 02:22 PM)alexkidd Wrote: the command to run the emulator will try to load libGL.so (OpenGL wrapper) from /usr/lib/GLSHIM . I'm not sure if that file is there in v3. Please run the following and post here:

sudo find /usr -name libGL.so*

edit: what board are you trying this? If it's the OPi Zero, it wont work with regular installer (it will segfault on lower resolutions). Same happens with the OPi PC on analog tvout.

I'm trying that on the OPi PC+.

I'll try this command this evening, and i'll post results here.

ps: it's another problem, but it seems like I cannot install retrorangepi on the emmc. After 10 or 11% an error appears (will be the subject of another thread Wink ).
Check if you're not trying to copy more files than its capacity
(03-13-2018, 10:34 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Check if you're not trying to copy more files than its capacity

I guess it's not copying the content of the roms folder ?
Yes, it is (we might change that)
(03-13-2018, 12:56 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Yes, it is (we might change that)

Ok, I better understand now Wink
I thought that it would just copy the os (could be a good idea indeed to skip these files in the next release !)
In fact, I wanted to remove the roms directory before copying to emmc but didn't have the time.
Will try one of these days.
What matters now is uae4arm.
believe me, it works Smile