Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uae.
(03-12-2018, 02:22 PM)alexkidd Wrote: the command to run the emulator will try to load libGL.so (OpenGL wrapper) from /usr/lib/GLSHIM . I'm not sure if that file is there in v3. Please run the following and post here:

sudo find /usr -name libGL.so*

edit: what board are you trying this? If it's the OPi Zero, it wont work with regular installer (it will segfault on lower resolutions). Same happens with the OPi PC on analog tvout.

I've launched this command and it can find 3 libs:
LibGL.so.1.2.0
LibGL.so.1
LibGL.so
i need full paths.
by the way, i have a guess about upstream changes in the code. I'll recompile this myself from latest commits and from older ones to see if there's any difference.
the full path (same 3 libs present at both location):

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLxxx
/usr/lib/GLSHIM/libGLxxx
OK, they're probably conflicting. Try this (hopefully it wont break anything, but we'll just move the files)

sudo mv /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so* /home/pi/temp
I've run the command but result is exactly the same...
What would be the next step ?
Also an annoying bug in uae4arm is the default paths.
I've changed the default paths for ROMs, but when I want to select the ROM, it keeps pointing to a path which is not the default ROMs path. Or didn't i understand the goal of the default paths ?
Apologies if i didnt warn this previously, one bug is that filenames must not have spaces.  A few more things to check:

1. amiga configurations updated
Code:
sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.sh uae4arm configure

2. kick13.rom (A500) and kick31.rom (A1200) in the BIOS folder: ~/RetroPie/BIOS

3. Test the emulator from command line:
Code:
cd /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/GLSHIM:/usr/lib startx ./uae4arm.sh auto path_to_filename

4. replace UAE4ARM binary (from stock v4.1 version). Compiling from latest sources is probably broken.
Code:
cd
wget http://retrorangepi.xenlayer.com/uae4arm
sudo chmod +x uae4arm
sudo mv uae4arm /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm/

then retry the above steps.

About your second question, afaik Uae4ARM GUI only shows defaults paths to kickstarts and configs . Maybe i'm missing something.

There is more than one "solution" to have a good experience with UAE. They depend if you want to run floppies or whdload. It's possible to run from EmulationStation, you can run a single adf, a zipped file with one or more floppies or an .uae configuration file (will probably need to add .uae extension to /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg). Let me know the type of content you have and how you want to run them.
Getting the stock 4.1 version seems to fix it.
But I noticed some problems:
- Not possible to make savestates ==> Working, but screenshots are not working 
- If I pick another kickstart (let's say, kick31.rom located in /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS), next time I run the emulator, selection is lost, kickstart is the default version
- Still problems with the default kickstart paths (I've changed the default paths for kickstart, but when I want to select the ROM, it keeps pointing to a path which is not the default kickstartpath).

But we are on the right track Smile

Thanks
(03-16-2018, 08:38 AM)tyrell Wrote: Getting the stock 4.1 version seems to fix it.
Glad you got it working!

- Not possible to make savestates
savestates work, but you need to be ingame, press F12 (or the mapped button on your gamepad) and use the Uae4ARM GUI (tiny bug, there wont be no screenshot for the savestate)

- If I pick another kickstart (let's say, kick31.rom located in /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS), next time I run the emulator, selection is lost, kickstart is the default version
everytime you run the emulator, a retropie configuration file (rp-a500 or rp-a1200) will be loaded by default, so unless you change on of them (load configuration, change settings, save configuration), it won't work. It might be an UAE bug feature though, i will try it myself later

- Still problems with the default kickstart paths (I've changed the default paths for kickstart, but when I want to select the ROM, it keeps pointing to a path which is not the default kickstartpath).
same as above, you need to update the default retropie config or change to a new one. You can do it manually: edit /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/emulators.cfg and create an additional entry, then change default emulator in the runcommand popup window you see right after launching it from EmulationStation

Code:
uae4arm-a600 = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/GLSHIM:/usr/lib startx /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm/uae4arm.sh mycustomA600config.uae
%ROM%"

Tell me exactly what you're trying to achieve and it will be easier to help.
(03-16-2018, 12:03 PM)alexkidd Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:38 AM)tyrell Wrote: Getting the stock 4.1 version seems to fix it.
Glad you got it working!

- Not possible to make savestates
savestates work, but you need to be ingame, press F12 (or the mapped button on your gamepad) and use the Uae4ARM GUI (tiny bug, there wont be no screenshot for the savestate)

everytime you run the emulator, a retropie configuration file (rp-a500 or rp-a1200) will be loaded by default, so unless you change on of them (load configuration, change settings, save configuration), it won't work. It might be an UAE bug feature though, i will try it myself later

same as above, you need to update the default retropie config or change to a new one. You can do it manually: edit /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/emulators.cfg and create an additional entry, then change default emulator in the runcommand popup window you see right after launching it from EmulationStation

Code:
uae4arm-a600 = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/GLSHIM:/usr/lib startx /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm/uae4arm.sh mycustomA600config.uae
%ROM%"

Tell me exactly what you're trying to achieve and it will be easier to help.

Hi Alexkidd !
So now I'm pretty near the goal (I just want to load adf files ...).

Everything is almost working the way I want.
After playing a little bit more with uae4arm, I discovered that the saves states are indeed working (only the screenshot is not displayed, not a big deal, as you said)
I'll try to play with the amiga emulator entries and see if I can have exactly what I want with them.

Thanks again !

Stephane
Since v4.1 , ADF can be launched from EmulationStation. Copy them to RetroPie/roms/amiga and they should appear . If it still doesnt , you can edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and add .adf extension to Amiga configuration. Check video

RetroPie script automatically detects whether to pick A500 or A1200 configuration based on the game filename, if it contains AGA...