Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uae.
(03-16-2018, 12:45 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Since v4.1 , ADF can be launched from EmulationStation. Copy them to RetroPie/roms/amiga and they should appear . If it still doesnt , you can edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and add .adf extension to Amiga configuration. Check video

RetroPie script automatically detects whether to pick A500 or A1200 configuration based on the game filename, if it contains AGA...

Yes, no problem, adf files appear in the list since the beginning.
Nice feature for the 1200 profile !

Stephane
(03-16-2018, 12:45 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Since v4.1 , ADF can be launched from EmulationStation. Copy them to RetroPie/roms/amiga and they should appear . If it still doesnt , you can edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and add .adf extension to Amiga configuration. Check video

RetroPie script automatically detects whether to pick A500 or A1200 configuration based on the game filename, if it contains AGA...

Wooow!
This is very interesting.
But which emulator should be selected to use this feature?
And if i want to use my own config?
Can i still use files.uae?
Should i put inside all the config or just the differences?
(03-19-2018, 08:56 AM)Lamerjack Wrote:

Wooow!
This is very interesting.
But which emulator should be selected to use this feature?

This is the upstream RetroPie script for UAE4ARM => https://github.com/retr0rangepi/RetroPie...uae4arm.sh.

Make sure you have a clean emulators.cfg to have it working properly

Code:
sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_packages.sh uae4arm configure

from the script: " # if no config or auto provided, then look for rom config or choose automatically " . It will look for "AGA" or "CD32" in the filename, so it runs A1200 configuration otherwise A500 is default.

And if i want to use my own config?
Can i still use files.uae?

You can use UAE4ARM configuration files. Make sure the filenames dont have spaces.

Should i put inside all the config or just the differences?

Copy all config files to the roms folder or change roms path to /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/uae4arm/conf
I also notice that uae4arm is not very stable. When going into the GUI several times (to save games for example), after 4-5 times, interface is frozen and only solution is to unplug my power supply ...
Yes, I can confirm this, nothing much we can do, probably related to the upstream code. If your board has a power button, it's probably set to restart EmulationStation, might be useful.