Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banana Pi Zero NTSC Thoughts?
just wanted to know if possibly you would support this board? Would be killer on the handheld aspect.
we have a board coming home, so keep watching.
We got the board recently. It works! We're beta testing new ROPi update. BUT, a big BUT, it gets REALLY HOT, you cannot use it without a cooler, partially ruining the handheld aspect.
(04-18-2018, 12:28 PM)alexkidd Wrote: We got the board recently. It works! We're beta testing new ROPi update. BUT, a big BUT, it gets REALLY HOT, you cannot use it without a cooler, partially ruining the handheld aspect.

Hi alexkidd,

Let me know if you're looking for people to help with beta-testing the Banana Pi Zero image (I own one). I'll likely have some time this weekend to "smoke-test" some areas.
I would love to beta test it I think that board is awesome
(04-18-2018, 12:28 PM)alexkidd Wrote: We got the board recently. It works! We're beta testing new ROPi update. BUT, a big BUT, it gets REALLY HOT, you cannot use it without a cooler, partially ruining the handheld aspect.
I got a BPI Zero, and had to add a dissipator+fan, it gets very hot. 

How is the development going? I was trying to boot Retrorange pi on this board. I could boot and run emulationstation, but i was unable to do anything, as the OTG usb port is not working (the keyboard and joystick are not working). I'm not sure why does it happen, any feedback would be welcome. This is what i did:

- Prepared an SDCard image to boot a sunxi-linux 3.4.113 image compiled by myself using armbian build tool (i was able to build some working SD images with this tool, so i asume that this kernel works)
- I copied RetroOrangePi 4.0 root file system to the root of the SDcard, preserving file permissions, etc... 
- Replaced /lib/modules/3.4.113-sun8i/ with mine
- And nothing else... (I guess that i'm missing something)

The system boots, i can see emulationstation menu, background music.... but no input events through USB. I can't check dmesg (can't connect through wifi, I'm not sure if the driver is loaded) nor /var/log/ (it is empty), so i don't know what is going on. I haven't tried connecting through serial,  i guess that it is the only way to do something, but i don't have a serial reader right now (i'll get one in the next days). 

Thank you in advance, any help is welcome. Also, if you need some beta tester you can count on me Smile
Alpha image is being tested by our donators and supporters. Release is close.
There are videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVb83B9...v8g/videos
Those are great news! Thank you for the effort Smile.
Sweet can't wait.
image released yesterday
http://www.retrorangepi.download/download/index2.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Banana pi zero support Merlin3D 2 835 04-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Last Post: juan