Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Pi PC vs Splitter HDMI
Question 
I have a Orange Pi PC with Retrorangepi 4.1 installed (clear install) and its working just fine direct connect to my tv, but when I try to use my splitters HDMI or/and capture card theres no signal.
(using 2 Chineses 1x2 Splitter HDMI, swap like 6 cables and Im using avermedia Lite C985 to capture)

The first thing I tried to do was desabling HDCP on the script.bin file (and the tvout files). I also tried to make sure HDMI was the only option that the device will output video and the correct settings for that.

I also tried direct send feed to the capture card but did not get any signal.

After some googling I found that if I had a raspberry pi I should be able to just edit the config.txt in the boot folder and add the command line [color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]"hdmi_force_hotplug=1" to make the signal "splitable", but the retrorangepi OS works somehow diferent and dont use this file or this command, I cannot find more information (type of comand to force video) about this using OrangePi.[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]My theory is that, like PCs, the graphical chip want information about the display to send video output and make the handshake, but the splitter hdmi dont have any of that, so if the device inst force to send video output in its self configuration parameters (and I dont know how to do that), theres just no way to split the signal. I need to trick the device (like I do to my PC using monitor signal duplication) or just configure to do that correcly.[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]So, how can I make this work? [/color]
Different fruits, different boards. There is no config.txt in Allwinner H3 Orange pi boards, instead script.bin (refer to Fex Guide).
I dont have an HDMI splitter to test, so i'm guessing, as the video output is not directly connected, it's probably thinking you have an adapter in between, which is true, actually. In this case, it might work if you pass "-d" (from DVI) to Armbian's h3disp command; Something like "sudo h3disp -m 5 -d" for 720p 60hz DVI .

if it stil wont work, post what exact changes you made to script.bin
I know the difference, that was just a example ^^.

So, I need to give this command to the board as booting because I cant disconnect one HDMI and put another, the board just send a orange image afterwards, I already tried to set de output to DVI in the Emustation menu and the only diference was that black was green instead (witch is normal, if you forcing DVI out in HDMI connection), so thats seens to be a no go to fix the issue.

I try to made chances in the:
[boot_disp]
advert_disp = 0
auto_hpd = 1 (I forgot to change to 0, gonna try after posting)
output_type = 3 (3 been HDMI, change from 4)
hdmi_channel = 0
hdmi_mode = 4
cvbs_channel = 1
cvbs_mode = 11
output_full = 1 (I want full color because of video games, all devices suported)
hdmi_mode_check = 0 (trying to disable problems w/ handshake)

[disp_init] ( I think screen0 and screen one was all 4, I was using a post as reference)
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 0
screen0_output_type = 3
screen0_output_mode = 5
screen1_output_type = 3
screen1_output_mode = 5
fb0_format = 0
fb0_width = 0
fb0_height = 0
fb1_format = 0
fb1_width = 0
fb1_height = 0

[hdmi_para]
hdmi_used = 1
hdmi_power = "vcc-hdmi-18"
hdcp_enable = 0
hdmi_force_hotplug = 1 (why not try that, haha)

[tv_para] (all 0 to try force HDMI output)
tv_used = 0
tv_dac_used = 0
tv_dac_src0 = 0

Thats pretty much it.

update: changing auto_hpd to 0 did not work as well. Normal boot connecting directly to tv.
Can you try a v3 image as it didnt have Armbian video autodetection?
http://www.retrorangepi.org/OLDSITE/images/3.0.1/
(03-23-2018, 01:34 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Can you try a v3 image as it didnt have Armbian video autodetection?

okay, I will try tomorrow
(03-23-2018, 01:34 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Can you try a v3 image as it didnt have Armbian video autodetection?

hi,

will this .img work on a OPi lite

as i've been trying to get a ili9341 screen to work with it (using 4.1) without any success....

i've been using BB_CP, but keep getting an error message at this point

Code:
8. Compile BB_CP:
$ cd ../BB-CP && make

not sure if my wiring is as fault or me installing/enabling the screen....

apologies for being a bit off topic....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Orange pi pc cannot on Sayyendra 5 493 04-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  [Question] - 8bitdo + Orange PI PC mzinelli 1 445 02-22-2018, 08:14 PM
  Orange pi win. Lamerjack 3 944 01-29-2018, 10:39 AM
  Orange Pi Zero support comanche 1 721 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM
  HDMI 5inch 800x480 not working 0mig0 0 515 12-01-2017, 09:34 PM