Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get FS-UAE run ok
Hi,

I am familiar with FS-UAE on PC, and likes it very much because of the "complete package" you get. I've been trying to get it to run OK on my Orange Pi Pc Plus, inspired by a clip I saw on youtube where FS-UAE seemed to go pretty smooth.
I contacted the person who posted the video, and was encouraged to make a post here for further assitance on how to make some optimalization.

I'm running a Orange PI Pc Plus, and the newest RetroOrangePi. I installed the FS-UAE through the RetropiSetup-script.
I have been trying to adjust the accuracy, and also some screen options which I implemented in the game config file (I found this tips on this forum), but this gives me nothing regards performance.

Can anybody help me out her? Smile
(04-10-2018, 06:02 AM)FredTheRed Wrote: I'm running a Orange PI Pc Plus, and the newest RetroOrangePi. I installed the FS-UAE through the RetropiSetup-script.
I have been trying to adjust the accuracy, and also some screen options which I implemented in the game config file (I found this tips on this forum), but this gives me nothing regards performance.

Can anybody help me out her? Smile

I was using FS Uae on V3 of retro orange pi... Now i'm using Uae4 arm... no time so i dind't had success...
Anyway... for FS Uae i remembe that i had to set something like this.
video_format = rgba (or something similar ) to improove performances!

https://fs-uae.net/video-options
i'm running a bit out of time, but to begin with, try this:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so*
this will remove stock mesa GL libraries. We have a backup in ~/temp so we can copy back if it breaks anything

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/emulators.cfg
this will edit Amiga emulators

Code:
fs-uae = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/GLSHIM:/usr/lib startx /usr/bin/fs-uae-launcher"  
change the fs-uae line so libglshim is called into action. It will hopefully boost you up.
(04-10-2018, 12:14 PM)alexkidd Wrote: i'm running a bit out of time, but to begin with, try this:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so*
this will remove stock mesa GL libraries. We have a backup in ~/temp so we can copy back if it breaks anything

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/emulators.cfg
this will edit Amiga emulators

Code:
fs-uae = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/GLSHIM:/usr/lib startx /usr/bin/fs-uae-launcher"  
change the fs-uae line so libglshim is called into action. It will hopefully boost you up.
This helped, the performance boosted alot. The emulator is, as expected, unstable and will not run all the games I tried (which worked with 4arm).
Thank you so much for the help Smile
It uses a lot of CPU, so make sure you have proper dissipation and air flow. It can help avoiding some unstability caused by overheat.