Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I format EMMC on PI PC +?
Shocked 
I'm having some trouble getting ROPI 4.1 installed and running on my PI PC +. I've installed it according to instructions - run the update twice before installing to EMMC.

The problem I have is that after installing I can play games for various systems, but every so often the system just reboots for no reason.

I'm starting to think I've got a duff board, because I have to regular PI PC's and they run ROPI just fine from the micro SD.

So I'm just wondering how do I go about formatting the EMMC, then change the settings on the PI to boot from SD card again? Would I need to do the latter after formatting, since it will then be a blank system?

Thanks in advance. Smile

I forgot to add, the reason I want to format the EMMC on the PI PC + is so I can try running ROPI via SD card again, and see if I still get the same problem. Wink
random reboots can be caused by file corruption, overheat or a bad power supply. You dont have to format emmc, the sdcard will always have boot priority over emmc, if its boot config hasnt been changed.
(05-03-2018, 08:05 PM)alexkidd Wrote: random reboots can be caused by file corruption, overheat or a bad power supply. You dont have to format emmc, the sdcard will always have boot priority over emmc, if its boot config hasnt been changed.

Thankyou, I'll try another supply, just in case that's causing the problem. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem to install on orangepiplus2e emmc co4x 12 1,118 03-16-2018, 02:00 AM
Last Post: FilipeCastro
  emmc install and sd rom boot brains74 1 351 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Dosen't boot after EMMC Install ronson 24 4,143 02-01-2018, 12:04 PM
  Emmc install sambena 3 939 11-22-2017, 06:59 PM