Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding roms to SLIM image
IMPORTANT: Orange, Banana and Raspberry Pis are all linux SBCs (single board computers). OS runs on Linux partitions so you won’t have native access to it using a Windows PC. To add your games (roms) , you can:

1. Use Samba shares - plug an Ethernet cable, reboot the unit, check the assigned IP (from RetroPie menu) and connect from Windows explorer: \\192.168.x.x (for example)
  2. Install 3rd party apps like Ext2FSD and Paragon to enable EXT4 support in Windows
  3. Load your roms straight from USB – check the autoload feature thread http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2567
  4. Use your linux skills: plug an USB drive with your roms, mount the drive, copy them to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms (learn this, it ain't hard!)
edit:

screenshots for you:

If image is installed on emmc, can i mount sd card on home/pi/RetroPie/roms ans put the roms in there?
Yes, I'm adding an automatic script that will take care of it

Turn on RetrOrange Pi and once it booted press F4 to go into console.
Type command: wget http://retrorangepi.download/rc.local
Type command: sudo cp rc.local /etc
Type command: sudo shutdown
Follow n.3 above for the sdcard
Reinsert the SD card, power on the system and you should boot from eMMC and have all your roms on the SD card
I took a look at your script, it is good as it mount sd card  or USB automatically .

When there is emmc I understand that mmcblk1p1 is emmc and mmcblk0p1 is sdcard?
I see that you mount all the retropi directory not only roms. Will it replace the original retropi installed on emmc and slow the system?

Not at home will test soon, thx
mmcblk0p1 will be sdcard whenever it's inserted , otherwise it's emmc
(08-07-2018, 02:54 AM)alexkidd Wrote: IMPORTANT: Orange, Banana and Raspberry Pis are all linux SBCs (single board computers). OS runs on Linux partitions so you won’t have native access to it using a Windows PC. To add your games (roms) , you can:

1. Use Samba shares - plug an Ethernet cable, reboot the unit, check the assigned IP (from RetroPie menu) and connect from Windows explorer: \\192.168.x.x (for example)
  2. Install 3rd party apps like Ext2FSD and Paragon to enable EXT4 support in Windows
  3. Load your roms straight from USB – check the autoload feature thread http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2567
  4. Use your linux skills: plug an USB drive with your roms, mount the drive, copy them to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms (learn this, it ain't hard!)

I have a Windows 10 (64-bit) computer. I tried Option 1 by plugging an Ethernet cable into both my computer and my RetroStone, checked the assigned IP (which was 192.168.1.24), and then I tried to connect from Windows explorer. But I keep getting the following error:

"Windows cannot access \\RETRORANGEPI"
or
"Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.24"

What am I doing wrong? How can I transfer all of my roms to the SD card?
My guess is some network restriction on your side (firewall maybe),
I've just tried in win10 and it worked fine, don't try to add a network place with username and password , just type the IP with the \\ on the location address and press enter.

edit: some SFTP app, like Filezilla should work (will require username: pi and password: pi)
Video 
PARAGON EXTFS

Hi, I tried the first option and my Orange Pi Zero doesn't give me any IP direction.
so your network DHCP is not enabled, fix it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  v4.2 SLIM RELEASE alexkidd 52 7,385 11-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Load ROMS from network makis_best 1 347 10-19-2018, 09:08 PM
  USB roms feature alexkidd 14 4,413 10-12-2018, 10:47 PM
  Enable Etherneth on Pi Lite Image 4.2 Slim r3fear 6 568 10-11-2018, 05:15 PM
  no sound in the roms kelzadtu 1 442 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Sad Bug Glupen64 emulator retrorangepi 4.2 slim jimlee32 1 460 08-14-2018, 02:01 AM