Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding roms to SLIM image
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/PSP
supported extensions: .cso .iso .pbp

MAME / NEOGEO
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/MAME
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=8
(08-07-2018, 02:54 AM)alexkidd Wrote: IMPORTANT: Orange, Banana and Raspberry Pis are all linux SBCs (single board computers). OS runs on Linux partitions so you won’t have native access to it using a Windows PC. To add your games (roms) , you can:

1. Use Samba shares - plug an Ethernet cable, reboot the unit, check the assigned IP (from RetroPie menu) and connect from Windows explorer: \\192.168.x.x (for example)
  2. Install 3rd party apps like Ext2FSD and Paragon to enable EXT4 support in Windows
  3. Load your roms straight from USB – check the autoload feature thread http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2567
  4. Use your linux skills: plug an USB drive with your roms, mount the drive, copy them to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms (learn this, it ain't hard!)
edit:

screenshots for you:

So I tried #4 and there's something strange going on that I can't figure out how to fix. Here's what I do:
1. I added the retrostone files to my usb because the stone keeps trying to boot off the usb and won't work unless the files are there (saw this in another thread)
2. Start the system and go to the console
3. Mount my usb to media/(made up folder name that I created)
4. copy files from media/usb to home/pi/RetroPie/roms as you said. 

What happens is I check the files and they're all copied over, but when I reboot and remove the USB, it's as if I didn't do anything. My files aren't there. 

Any help on what to do?
are you shutting down directly using the on/off button ?
(08-27-2018, 09:48 PM)alexkidd Wrote: are you shutting down directly using the on/off button ?

No, I've been running the shutdown command from the /sbin folder. Will the normal switch off work?
i was thinking you were using the button directly (it would cause SD corruption i believe).
When you copy files and they dont remain , it's probably a unreliable media, if you're trying one larger than 32GB, you should try another one smaller
(08-28-2018, 12:22 AM)alexkidd Wrote: i was thinking you were using the button directly (it would cause SD corruption i believe).
When you copy files and they dont remain , it's probably a unreliable media, if you're trying one larger than 32GB, you should try another one smaller

I'm using the 32gb sd that came with the RetroStone, so I don't think that's it. Is there some extra step to get the data transfer to persist?
I insist on the sd quality. I have a 32GB sd as well and it worked without issues.

These are my steps:

sudo mkdir /media/usb
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb
cp -rv /media/usb/roms /home/pi/RetroPie/
sudo umount usb
sudo poweroff

it's worth running 'dmesg' and 'sudo armbianmonitor -c' to check issues
(08-28-2018, 11:54 AM)novabran Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 12:22 AM)alexkidd Wrote: i was thinking you were using the button directly (it would cause SD corruption i believe).

I'm using the 32gb sd that came with the RetroStone, so I don't think that's it. Is there some extra step to get the data transfer to persist?

Presumably you used Ext2FSD to mount the card up on your windows PC, then you'll need to unmount the SD card before you eject it from your PC.

Open a command prompt, change to the directory where you installed Ext2FSD (for example "C:\Program Files\Ext2Fsd"), using the appropriate drive letter tun this command to unmount the SD card, then you can eject it from windows:
"mount /unmount I:"

In the example I: is my retrostone SD card.
(08-28-2018, 12:48 PM)alexkidd Wrote: I insist on the sd quality. I have a 32GB sd as well and it worked without issues.

These are my steps:

sudo mkdir /media/usb
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb
cp -rv /media/usb/roms /home/pi/RetroPie/
sudo umount usb
sudo poweroff

it's worth running 'dmesg' and 'sudo armbianmonitor -c'  to check issues

I figured out the issue. For some reason when the Stone booted off my drive, it was storing data. So I had to unmount the drive, remount it, and then the copying worked after unmounting again. Not sure if anyone else will have this issue, but if they do, they can try my steps.
(08-25-2018, 08:30 PM)maccoy69 Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 01:31 PM)LH35 Wrote: What ive managed to do in order to add roms is (and using windows 10 os)
1. download Paragon
2.mount the sd card
3.entering the roms @ home/pi/roms
4.adding roms

Bonjour, je tiens à dire que cela fut difficile tant les instructions évoluent et deviennent obselètes avec le temps, pour l'installation et la prise en main je n'ai eu aucun soucis.
Par contre, pour l'ajout des ROMS seul WinSCP fonctionne entièrement (sous Windows 10) de la j'ai pu ajouté les ROMS dans leurs dossier respectif mais entre les jeux de la PsP qui n'apparaissent pas et certains autres jeux nintendo ou NeoGeo qui ne veulent pas se lancer, me faisant retourner sur l'écran de menu en boucle. Comment lancer les jeux sans erreurs ? y a t-il une manipulation à faire après l'ajout des jeux (Analyse,Reboot) ? Les jeux PsP se lancent-ils comme les autres jeux ?

Pour ceux ayant du mal avec les ROMS j'ai procédé comme suit :
- Connecter le câble Ethernet entre la Retrostone "ON" et le PC
- Open WinSCP
- creer un nouveau site avec :
Host = name of console in the wifi setting (3rd line) ou RetrOrangePi
User= Pi
Password= Pi
- Connecter le site et vous verrez apparaître les fichiers de la console

Hello!

Sorry to answer in English. I don't have any idea of French man....

Only wanna post that your method work for me, using WinSCP on a PC with Win7, but I have to note that when you posted User=Pi and Password=Pi, I have to say that it did not worked until I changed the User and Password from Pi to pi, without major in both cases.

Thanks for all!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB roms feature alexkidd 14 2,883 10-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  v4.2 SLIM RELEASE alexkidd 28 3,643 10-12-2018, 03:37 AM
Last Post: genzi0401
  Enable Etherneth on Pi Lite Image 4.2 Slim r3fear 6 201 10-11-2018, 05:15 PM
  no sound in the roms kelzadtu 1 182 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Sad Bug Glupen64 emulator retrorangepi 4.2 slim jimlee32 1 241 08-14-2018, 02:01 AM