Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding roms to SLIM image
(08-31-2018, 08:56 AM)themfjoker Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 08:30 PM)maccoy69 Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 01:31 PM)LH35 Wrote: What ive managed to do in order to add roms is (and using windows 10 os)
1. download Paragon
2.mount the sd card
3.entering the roms @ home/pi/roms
4.adding roms

Bonjour, je tiens à dire que cela fut difficile tant les instructions évoluent et deviennent obselètes avec le temps, pour l'installation et la prise en main je n'ai eu aucun soucis.
Par contre, pour l'ajout des ROMS seul WinSCP fonctionne entièrement (sous Windows 10) de la j'ai pu ajouté les ROMS dans leurs dossier respectif mais entre les jeux de la PsP qui n'apparaissent pas et certains autres jeux nintendo ou NeoGeo qui ne veulent pas se lancer, me faisant retourner sur l'écran de menu en boucle. Comment lancer les jeux sans erreurs ? y a t-il une manipulation à faire après l'ajout des jeux (Analyse,Reboot) ? Les jeux PsP se lancent-ils comme les autres jeux ?

Pour ceux ayant du mal avec les ROMS j'ai procédé comme suit :
- Connecter le câble Ethernet entre la Retrostone "ON" et le PC
- Open WinSCP
- creer un nouveau site avec :
Host = name of console in the wifi setting (3rd line) ou RetrOrangePi
User= Pi
Password= Pi
- Connecter le site et vous verrez apparaître les fichiers de la console

Hello!

Sorry to answer in English. I don't have any idea of French man....

Only wanna post that your method work for me, using WinSCP on a PC with Win7, but I have to note that when you posted User=Pi and Password=Pi, I have to say that it did not worked until I changed the User and Password from Pi to pi, without major in both cases.

Thanks for all!

could we have a video guide on how to add roms from thbdrive to sd card that would be great thanks regards les 
Will do soon
(08-10-2018, 10:13 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Yes, I'm adding an automatic script that will take care of it

Turn on RetrOrange Pi and once it booted press F4 to go into console.
Type command: wget http://retrorangepi.download/rc.local
Type command: sudo cp rc.local /etc
Type command: sudo shutdown
Follow n.3 above for the sdcard
Reinsert the SD card, power on the system and you should boot from eMMC and have all your roms on the SD card

Followed the above steps on my orangepi plus 2 using ROPI 4.2 slim. It didn't work until I entered the command
sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local 
Then shut down, reinsert sd card and reboot. If the sd card with the roms is not inserted the pi gives an error unable to locate system. No other issues.
Good to know, thanks.
(08-10-2018, 10:13 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Yes, I'm adding an automatic script that will take care of it

Turn on RetrOrange Pi and once it booted press F4 to go into console.
Type command: wget http://retrorangepi.download/rc.local
Type command: sudo cp rc.local /etc
Type command: sudo shutdown
Follow n.3 above for the sdcard
Reinsert the SD card, power on the system and you should boot from eMMC and have all your roms on the SD card

Thank you, alexkidd. You're the guy!

Please help with two questions...

First, I have no internet in my board yet... In which folder should I drop the rc.local file (through samba shares access) for run the "sudo cp rc.local /etc"?

Second, with this method the OS will run from eMMC and roms/BIOS from SD Card, right?
Any shared folder will work, then copy to /etc, then follow thread to get your sd right
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2567
(09-21-2018, 01:02 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Any shared folder will work, then copy to /etc, then follow thread to get your sd right
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2567

Followed all steps and nothing...

Moved the new rc.local to /etc and check using nano...
configured the SD (fat32) with athe ROPi system folders and populated with roms.

After starting the board ignores the SD and just load roms from eMMC.
Make sure to fully format the sdcard and extract system to root (folders should be roms, BIOS etc, not RetroPie or retropie-mount
Try giving it execute permission if you copied from pc
"sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local"
(09-21-2018, 02:33 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Make sure to fully format the sdcard and extract system to root (folders should be roms, BIOS etc, not RetroPie or retropie-mount
Try giving it execute permission if you copied from pc
"sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local"

SD card is whole formated in an unique fat32 partition. I extracted all ROPi folders to SD root, populated with roms and I tried the "sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local" command.

Nothing changed.

So I started again and repeated each step. Useless again...

These are my mounted partitions:

[Image: 20180921_210023_HDR.jpg]

Do you have any other idea? Do I need to enable the SD card feature in any menu?
No, the rc.local should take care of it. SD is not being mounted , something is strange, maybe you could double check rc.local to see if it's right

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB roms feature alexkidd 14 2,883 10-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  v4.2 SLIM RELEASE alexkidd 28 3,643 10-12-2018, 03:37 AM
Last Post: genzi0401
  Enable Etherneth on Pi Lite Image 4.2 Slim r3fear 6 202 10-11-2018, 05:15 PM
  no sound in the roms kelzadtu 1 182 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Sad Bug Glupen64 emulator retrorangepi 4.2 slim jimlee32 1 241 08-14-2018, 02:01 AM