Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with xbox360 wired controller
Hi,

I have a problem with my wired xbox360 gamepad, in emulationstation it works correctly, but when entering a game, it stops working, but if unplug and plug again ... it works again!

I have installed the xbxdrv driver, I have deleted it and it still works the same.

My control works correctly on Windows PC and on my xbox 360 console.

With my other controls (PS3, PS4, USB Gamepads) it works correctly.

Is it a Bug?
maybe xpad module needs to be blacklisted. I cant test it because i dont have a wired controller
(09-05-2018, 01:07 PM)alexkidd Wrote: maybe xpad module needs to be blacklisted. I cant test it because i dont have a wired controller

I could do the test, tell me how I put it on the blacklist and I'll tell you Smile 

Thanks!
from https://wiki.debian.org/KernelModuleBlacklisting

Howto:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/xpad.conf (insert text 'blacklist xpad') . Ctrl X, save.
sudo depmod -ae
sudo update-initramfs -u
sudo reboot
Hi,

it did not work.

Now the control does not detect it in the emulationstation and I have installed the xbxdrv driver and still does not detect it.

What I can do?

Thanks!
Hello,

Download the RetrOrangePi 4.2 FULL version 5 minutes ago and the problem persists.

I do not modify anything, just as I download it, I test it in a game and I have to unplug and plug in the control to make it work, just like I do in version RetrOrangePi 4.2 SLIM

Can you think of another test?
(09-06-2018, 04:13 AM)r3fear Wrote: Hello,

Download the RetrOrangePi 4.2 FULL version 5 minutes ago and the problem persists.

I do not modify anything, just as I download it, I test it in a game and I have to unplug and plug in the control to make it work, just like I do in version RetrOrangePi 4.2 SLIM

Can you think of another test?
I have wired xbox 360 control original it came with xbox360 after configuring in retrorangepi it works more in games and in kodi the sensitivity is super fast, already tried to install the drive and configure the sensitivity but it does not seem to work, version 3.0.1 worked perfectly.
Hello,

Has anyone found any solution to the xbox360 control problem?

regards
Gents,
I am another beginner and have the same issue and tried so many alternatives but today tried a solutşon in a logic approach...solved..and so easy
First ;
- i have orange pi pc
- xbox360 usb controller
- some cheap chinese usb pads

If i am not mistaken you are having problems on the ready images ( which is previously done by someone including games etc..)

Try this ;
- first format your sd card
- download latest 4.3 retrorangepi image for your related device
- burn to your sd
- open it...this is fresh OS and configure your xbox controller at first setup
- then plug it to your home network
- write the ip to your device to your windows and get into your small monster
- inside config —> go retroarch joystick folder and copy the file your desktop
- inside emulation station copy emulation station input file + same file with .bak
- then format or if you have your game filled image already in another sd replace with fresh image and boot
- again write the ip of thw machine and go into same folder replace the files previously copied in your desktop
- the restart emulation station
- and you will see finally you can use your xbox controller also in retroarch menu

I hope you will fix by doing that ?

————
My problem was; i configure at the beginning but only control the menu...no games or no retroarch menu either... but my chinese 1 usd usb was controlling. In games it was not quite satisfy me and system was not allowing me to use xbox controller as primary. Probably the image files are made for arcade type joysticks..

You should not have issue with fresh images

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kodi android remote problem feel2death 0 586 05-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: feel2death
  Problem with 4.2 DrReVaN 7 2,225 04-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Last Post: DrReVaN
  Problem with Retrorangepi 4.2 slim plus Video Splash naxeras 5 2,572 04-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Last Post: naxeras
  Music Problem saroninux 2 1,245 04-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Last Post: saroninux
Question PROBLEM HDMI AUDIO ROPI 4.2 FULL ups94 5 2,978 12-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: dee098
  mupen64plus-glide64 rom problem naik 2 1,753 11-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Last Post: naik
  Problem after update??? RinDim 2 2,779 11-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: RinDim
Exclamation [solved]Problem with the video in gamelist view style retux 4 2,685 10-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: retux
  Kodi problem ekonik3 4 2,859 10-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Kodi - android control problem Teleseil 1 1,531 09-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: alexkidd