Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Button From Reboot to Shutdown
Someone in a now closed thread asked if the top right button could be changed from reboot to shutdown. I have found the following solution to work:

Edit the following line in /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh:

From
Code:
sudo reboot

To
Code:
sudo poweroff

It's still necessary to slide the power switch when shutdown is complete, the same as you would have to when shutting down via Emulation Station menu.
yes, i intend to add some more options to a menu , just like the Power Button Feature available in RetrOrangePi , for OrangePi boards. Sticking this thread. Thanks.
While this is incredibly handy, is there a hibernation/wake function that could be used instead? Between the 2+ minutes it takes to fully boot and the minute it takes to shutdown, i gets very frustrating taking this out to use and putting it away when done. Not at all ideal for a portable. If we could use the GPIO button for sleeping/waking it could save us all a lot of trouble, but I don't know if such a command is even an option.
It's probably doable but screen cannot be turned off by software AFAIK so it won't be a real suspend, battery would drain anyway.
(09-07-2018, 09:52 PM)bedfellow Wrote: Someone in a now closed thread asked if the top right button could be changed from reboot to shutdown. I have found the following solution to work:

Edit the following line in /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh:

From
Code:
sudo reboot

To
Code:
sudo poweroff

It's still necessary to slide the power switch when shutdown is complete, the same as you would have to when shutting down via Emulation Station menu
Where do you go to edit this?
you can use nano from terminal. Press F4 to quit EmulationStation, then:

sudo nano /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh

make changes, press Ctrl X to quit, Y to save

Press Ctrl D to return to EmulationStation

You can go in Desktop Mode and use onscreen keyboard with a mouse and repeat steps above, after opening a terminal session
Alexkidd when i quit (shut down) by menu, the fan keeps working while opi is energized, is there any way shut together too?
you have to unwire the fan cable and connect to 3.3V/GND instead of 5V/GND
(04-04-2019, 09:09 AM)alexkidd Wrote: you can use nano from terminal. Press F4 to quit EmulationStation, then:

You can go in Desktop Mode and use onscreen keyboard with a mouse and repeat steps above, after opening a terminal session

I'm not sure I did this right. I don't know much about this stuff, so I'm going to explain what I did. 

Press F4 to open terminal.
Type "nano" to open nano.
Type "/home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh"
^O to safe file
^X to quit

Once done, this should set reset button to shutdown the system instead?
(04-05-2019, 02:29 AM)BaiLEAF Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 09:09 AM)alexkidd Wrote: you can use nano from terminal. Press F4 to quit EmulationStation, then:

I'm not sure I did this right. I don't know much about this stuff, so I'm going to explain what I did. 

Press F4 to open terminal.
Type "nano" to open nano.
Type "/home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh"
^O to safe file
^X to quit

Once done, this should set reset button to shutdown the system instead?

please follow exactly the instructions, sudo nano /home/.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder button Just_Jake 1 925 09-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  8bitdo button mapping and hotkeys Josh 1 950 09-08-2018, 12:15 PM
  esc button? LH35 7 2,547 08-24-2018, 03:14 PM