Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Button From Reboot to Shutdown
Someone in a now closed thread asked if the top right button could be changed from reboot to shutdown. I have found the following solution to work:

Edit the following line in /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/Reboot_RS.sh:

From
Code:
sudo reboot

To
Code:
sudo poweroff

It's still necessary to slide the power switch when shutdown is complete, the same as you would have to when shutting down via Emulation Station menu.
yes, i intend to add some more options to a menu , just like the Power Button Feature available in RetrOrangePi , for OrangePi boards. Sticking this thread. Thanks.
While this is incredibly handy, is there a hibernation/wake function that could be used instead? Between the 2+ minutes it takes to fully boot and the minute it takes to shutdown, i gets very frustrating taking this out to use and putting it away when done. Not at all ideal for a portable. If we could use the GPIO button for sleeping/waking it could save us all a lot of trouble, but I don't know if such a command is even an option.
It's probably doable but screen cannot be turned off by software AFAIK so it won't be a real suspend, battery would drain anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder button Just_Jake 1 489 09-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  8bitdo button mapping and hotkeys Josh 1 496 09-08-2018, 12:15 PM
  esc button? LH35 7 1,435 08-24-2018, 03:14 PM