Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] 2-player USB encoder not recognized in retroarch
Hello,
I was trying to configure my joysticks via this encoder https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-PC-PS3-2-In...1992370245 on the latest 4.2 image for OrangePi PC.

Here's the issue description:

The joystick is recognized as "D_R_M JUYAO Dual Arcade" in ES. I can configure it and navigate through all ES menus normally. But retroarch does not recognize it at all. I even tried launching a game, entered the MAME menu and attempted to configure the joystick manually, but it didn't work, it's as if it's not connected. Back to ES, it works ok.

After some research, here's the solution that worked for me:

1. Open Desktop, and from a terminal issue sudo pluma (to open it with admin rights).
  2. Open /etc/udev/rules.d/99-input.rules
  3. Add the following line:
    SUBSYSTEM=="input",ATTRS{name}=="D_R_M JUYAO Dual Arcade",KERNEL=="event*",MODE="0666",ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"
    (the name should be the same name your joypad gets in configs/all/retroarch-joypads/ folder)
  4. Reboot system
  5. Re-configure input for the joysticks connected via this encoder
NOTE: Another issue is that the two joysticks connected to this encoder are recognized as one gamepad with two hats (hat0 for player 1 and hat1 for player 2). I'll come back when I figure out the best solution for this as well.
Sweet, thanks! Any suggestion on how to make this fix persistant?
I found the solution above in a forum, referring to a different controller name. I just changed the name and it worked for me, so I suppose that's the way to go. Maybe you can add the procedure to the script that is executed after the end of input configuration, to add that line automatically?

By the way, I tried configuring the gamepads in retroarch and in mame menu, but player 1 up-down-left-right also move player 2, no matter what. Something is mixed up. I found this thread that suggests a way to identify the controller as 2 different gamepads, but there is no /boot/cmdline.txt in your build so I can't test it.
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...Controller

Well, I solved that issue the ugly way.

It seems the problem with the p1 stick moving both players lies in the cfg file in configs/all/retroarch-joypads.
I deleted the file altogether, then everything worked just fine except the hotkeys. So I recreated the file with only the following content:

Code:
input_device = "D_R_M JUYAO Dual Arcade"
input_driver = "udev"
input_load_state_btn = "4"
input_exit_emulator_btn = "7"
input_reset_btn = "1"
input_enable_hotkey_btn = "6"
input_save_state_btn = "5"
input_state_slot_increase_btn = "h0right"
input_menu_toggle_btn = "2"
input_state_slot_decrease_btn = "h0left"
Finally, the gamepads work in ES and in Retroarch as expected. I bet my hat it is NOT the ideal solution, but it works so I'll leave it as it is Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Expand partition after changing SD cards luckithroe 4 190 04-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: luckithroe
  SNES Lag / Stutter until I open RetroArch? infex 1 929 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  SOLVED :) PROBLEME!!! HELP ME!!!!! fred2617 15 5,604 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: fred2617
  [SOLVED] Can't change per-ROM emulator selection YiorgosH 6 3,670 12-30-2017, 04:21 PM
Last Post: YiorgosH