Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neo Geo game art not showing in ES?
Sad 
Howdy all thx for a place to ask a few questions and get support.
I think this is to do with Retrorangepi but I'll accept if it isnt. I'm just working through the issue and starting here coz peeps around here seem pretty friendly and helpful.

I've recently acquired a Retrostone and contrary to some reviews, I'm lovin it. I also run a Retropie RasPi3 rig with double fight stick etc which I've fiddled with and tweaked and so I'm somewhat familiar with getting things done. Enough to get me in and out of trouble here and there.

I've managed to get the Universal XML Scraper to run through my Retrostone installed SNES and NES ROMs but I'm not getting the same results for my Neo Geo ROMs. 

I'm getting the images downloaded but when I put them in a folder called 'images' in the folder with the ROMs (as I've done for SNES and NES) I'm not getting any art in ES when looking at the Neo Geo games. This has worked for SNES and NES. I have ensured each picture is named as per the rom and has '_image' added to the file name as per the SNES and NES folders. But nothing I do will make the art come up in ES when looking at my Neo Geo list. I've restarted ES and done complete system reboots.

I have a funny feeling I had a similar issue with the Neo Geo setup on my Retropie setup and have scoured the folder structure but can't seem to find anything to resolve this issue.

As I've said, its not the scarping thats the issue, I'm getting images downloaded, its getting ES to see the Neo Geo game art files and display them.

Again, thanks for the space to get support. I appreciate any assistance regarding this small but noticable issue with my setup.
what counts for the metadata to appear is the existance of a gamelist.xml file. It contains all paths to images, videos and marquees. So, what you have to do is check both folders:

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/PLATFORM/gamelist.xml AND
/opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/gamelists/PLATFORM/gamelist.xml

if there are two instances of the file, one is probably conflicting with the other.
alexkidd Wrote:what counts for the metadata to appear is the existance of a gamelist.xml file. It contains all paths to images, videos and marquees. So, what you have to do is check both folders:

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/PLATFORM/gamelist.xml AND
/opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/gamelists/PLATFORM/gamelist.xml

if there are two instances of the file, one is probably conflicting with the other.

Awesome.

Thanks a bunch mate. I'll have a dig around there.

Very much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arcade game 'Aspect Ratio' tweaks (not resolution) SKT73 3 183 10-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  How to leave game in 4.1? Taz 5 1,579 10-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: badiorange
  FPS drops (every game and emulator) when used two arcade joysticks (pcb brook ps4) webfly 3 385 07-15-2018, 05:36 PM
  I need help about run game and gamelist! 53335526 2 564 06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Last Post: djcasl
Question Delay in USB Controller being recognised after launching a game. seantattoo666 11 2,423 05-06-2018, 12:16 PM
  Problems to exit or strart a game sistemika 6 2,336 12-12-2017, 08:06 PM