Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound trouble
I am using the latest version of retropie on my retro stone, and the sound stopped working. This happened after I switched from lcd to hdmi (by using the bashtool), and ever since the speaker in my  retronstone have completely stopped working. I searched for this problem and cant seem to find a solution. Help!
(09-18-2018, 06:30 PM)Secretcookies Wrote: I am using the latest version of retropie on my retro stone, and the sound stopped working. This happened after I switched from lcd to hdmi (by using the bashtool), and ever since the speaker in my  retronstone have completely stopped working. I searched for this problem and cant seem to find a solution. Help!

I think it has happened to you just like me, but in my case I think it is the loudspeaker, try the following disassemble the retrostone separates the speaker from the housing but do not disconnect it, then bring the point of a small screwdriver or other metallic thing and that is magnetic, not aluminum, to the magnet that has the speaker just below the membrane of the same and test if you hear
I can hear an output of some kind when I boot, (im guessing the speaker is working in terms of hardware), but no sounds in the emulator station or when I boot games. Did disassembling the retrostone work for you?
If you switch to hdmi, sound will output to hdmi only.

Edit: you can choose the hdmi video with analog sound option

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  no sound in the roms kelzadtu 1 1,633 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  boost hdmi sound , distortion bodtx 4 2,187 09-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Last Post: bodtx
Bug PulseAudio How to repair no sound? caioandrade 1 1,157 09-12-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
Bug OrangePi PC - No sound in Emulator - Ropi 4.2 Full caioandrade 2 2,318 09-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: caioandrade