Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New **Update** Supreme Retrostone image v1.3
****Update V1.3 availaible****
Changelog:
Overscan fixed

****Update V1.2 availaible****
Changelog:
Back to 3:2 video ratio (best setting for both RetroStone screen and HDMI out)
Retropie updated to the last commit
Vram setting at 528
Some small ajustement

Changelog:

****Update V1.1 availaible****
Changelog:
Heychromey theme rework
Add romcopy script
Vram setting at 432 (it shloud solve some booting issue)
Resize of emulators sreen
Some over changes

PLease keep us update if v1.1 solve booting issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I want to share with you the image we made on the Retrorangepi one.
We are a team of makers on Raspeberry PI and odroid XU4. As we have buy a Retrostone we have started working on it.
We have call it SupremeRetrostone because we call all build we made as "Supreme"  but the goal here is to give you all the impovement we have made on UI (ES), emulator, etc.. to have a better retrorange base image Smile.
So i have also send all files we change to the Retrorangepi team (Alexkidd).

This is the video présentation of the SupremeRetrostone image:

In English

in French

What we have do :

New themes fixed to fit the retrostone screen (bowcity, heychromey)
New systems supported (TG16, TGCD, SGFX, HACKED, SFC, SEGA CD, MSX2 etc......)
New roms extentions support on many systems
New system order (atari, nintendo, sega, sony, SNK, arcade, computers etc..)
Lot of tweak and improvement on emulators (Retroarch, Dosbox, PSP, Dreamcast, Mupen64 etc...)
New Item on main screen (KODI, PIXEL, POWER, RADIO)
Reorganisation of some script of options menu (BG music, HDMI selector etc...)
Fix some pi user right
etc....

Download link (image only no roms or bios) :

************Update V1.3************
https://mega.nz/#F!VW4kHCpL!nRL6Z8t-SDZLlwDsJPcHGA

There is still some issue to fix like the PSP and scummvm exit but all other stuff are ready to go  Cool

Hope you guys enjoy it
I'm trying this out tonight!
Looks great, I'll be trying out as well.
BTW, have you managed to fix the bootup problems we've been having so far? If so, just out of curiosity, what was it?

TFN
Very interested, hope it comes together well!
Juju, we are all on it.
I haven t any boot issue from few days but i don t play very mutch too. Also this image haven t the last modification we made so maybe there is Still some.
We need some testers for testing some extra command line to solve it. If you guys want to be on testers team let me Know Smile
I couldn't even get it to boot on my RetroStone, though my device hasn't worked well since it arrived...
(09-24-2018, 09:42 PM)Régalad Wrote: Juju, we are all on it.
I haven t any boot issue from few days but i don t play very mutch too. Also this image haven t the last modification we made so maybe there is Still some.
We need some testers for testing some extra command line to solve it. If you guys want to be on testers team let me Know Smile

Ok.
I've been testing à bit and I round the following issues, appart from thé booting issues :
- very unstable, I got lots of "segfaults" errors and freezes while in ES. I know this might be due to dram speed, and I tried to "sudo hd3consumption -d 528", but it won't accept the command - sudo hd3consumption -p still returns 6xx for dram, even after reboot.
- there is a zoom/overscan issue as all the screen borders are out of m'y retrostone lcd display. This is very visible with gba and when on a terminal.
- gba emulation can still be slow with some games (f-zero, final fantasy VI...), but I believe lr-mgba is quite demanding when dealing with some gba effects.
Try make a better format of your sd card it maybe the issue with es. You can try sudo h3consumption -d 432
The device will probably crash on thirst reboot and after it s fine on mine.

Ldeveraux try a better format of your sd card.
Ok, I'll try that.
How about the over-sized (overscan maybe?) display? It's not that much of a nuisance when playing, but it makes inputting commands in a terminal difficult (same problem when going into options such as Armbian config : half the text on the left is out of the lcd display).
Also, "sudo h3consumption -d 432" has no effects : when I input the command, reboot, and input "sudo h3consumption -p", it still says dram speed is 624mhz.
This is something that doesn't happen with the orginal 4.2 full image (h3consumption does change dram speed). This looks as if the setting is forced by some config file...
I will integrade the 432 ram config in new realise (The ram changement setting work great for me).
One advise, do it first and reboot strait.
For overscan it s just a little little bit on retroarch core. i will see what i can do but it s the ratio where the screen look the best. I think on custom we could have a better screen position but the image aspect look less good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrostone N64 secondd 3 312 12-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: secondd
  TFT-CARBON theme for Emulation Station on the Retrostone qu1que 0 178 11-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: qu1que
  How to run Scummvm games on retrorangepi for retrostone??? ramonpks 12 436 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: ramonpks
  RetroStone controller takes a long time to be seen TROFF 3 227 10-18-2018, 02:39 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  New image - Sep 5th alexkidd 66 6,330 10-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: bedfellow
  How hot is too hot for the RetroStone? TROFF 1 219 10-11-2018, 10:14 AM
  Selling limited edition blue retrostone aj_efff 0 221 09-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: aj_efff
  retrorangepi for retrostone repo? retrojack 3 303 09-28-2018, 05:11 PM
  Make a image retrostone with my roms bouboulover 1 302 09-26-2018, 02:23 PM
  Amiga emulation on Retrostone Marco Verhoeven 4 396 09-20-2018, 09:07 PM