Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] FFMPEG drivers for recording gameplays on retroarch
Hello good day,

Is it possible to install the FFMPEG drivers / codecs for the system ??? this driver is the one that needs retroarch to be able to record in video your gameplays or retransmit your games on youtube.

Thank you!!
it should be possible, as ffmpeg codecs are Kodi dependencies, but i'm afraid it wont work, as the board is not capable of encoding fast enough
(10-03-2018, 01:42 PM)alexkidd Wrote: it should be possible, as ffmpeg codecs are Kodi dependencies, but i'm afraid it wont work, as the board is not capable of encoding fast enough

ok, knowing that, I did not consider investigating the matter. Thank you!
(10-03-2018, 01:42 PM)alexkidd Wrote: it should be possible, as ffmpeg codecs are Kodi dependencies, but i'm afraid it wont work, as the board is not capable of encoding fast enough

Although the results are not good, I would like to try to broadcast on YouTube while I play with retroarch. I know that the latest version of official retropie brings the ffmpeg codecs installed and retroarch prepared for that purpose (if you can the raspberry should be able to the orange pi pc:

[Image: Captura.png]

I've been doing a little research. To be able to do this in retrorangepi 4.2 we need 2 things:
-Install the ffmpeg codecs. I assume that the system does not have them, because if you type in the console "ffmpeg" it returns the message that the content is not found.
-Compilar retroarch with the ffmpeg function enabled. From what I have seen in the retroarch.sh code, a line 51 appears that says: params + = (- disable-ffmpeg), It should be removed and compiled ...

How would the ffmpeg drivers be installed in the system ??? Regarding compiling retroarch with ffmpeg enabled, I think that I would know how to do it without problem.

Thank you very much!!!!!
Tongue
Finally I have managed to build ffmpeg for armbian and retroarch with driver enabled. I will do some video recording and streaming tests and I will tell you my impressions ....
(10-05-2018, 08:36 AM)laguna Wrote: Finally I have managed to build ffmpeg for armbian and retroarch with driver enabled. I will do some video recording and streaming tests and I will tell you my impressions ....

finally, I could not do the test to record the game in video with retroarch. While it is true that I installed ffmpeg following a guide I found on the network, I did not install the video encoders "libx264" which are the drives used by retroarch to record the videos ...
(10-10-2018, 09:01 AM)laguna Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 08:36 AM)laguna Wrote: Finally I have managed to build ffmpeg for armbian and retroarch with driver enabled. I will do some video recording and streaming tests and I will tell you my impressions ....

finally, I could not do the test to record the game in video with retroarch. While it is true that I installed ffmpeg following a guide I found on the network, I did not install the video encoders "libx264" which are the drives used by retroarch to record the videos ...

I finally got it. I have recorded a sample video. everything has gone correctly. I can only try the retransmission in twitch, which I will do with the minimum possible quality to see if I can not ballast the emulation. I leave the video recorded with the orange pi pc, using retroarch 1.7.5 and ffmpeg with libx264 encoders. Greetings.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5cb819f...003/0efdb3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [solved] Opi PC load ES but freezze RinDim 2 160 11-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Last Post: RinDim
  [solved] Doubt with PSP emulator of libretro laguna 3 340 11-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: retux
Exclamation [solved]Problem with the video in gamelist view style retux 4 284 10-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: retux
  [solved] Compile a core of libretro to a specific commit version laguna 6 346 10-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Last Post: laguna
  [Solved] Broken system start (boot) laguna 10 701 10-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Sad [solved] ES Scraper function does not work laguna 3 251 09-28-2018, 07:16 AM
  USB Gamepad not working in retroarch solved ) dee098 1 312 09-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: alexkidd