Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A single .PBP file is ignored so gamelist.xml did not work
It seems the emulationstation is having some limitation in detecting any bigger size file.

My guess is any file which exceeds 2GB, for instance, the .PBP file of Final Fantasy VIII (2160718KB, around 2.06GB). The game can be launched and working fine. It's just the emulationstation unable to to detect it. Even my gamelist.xml and images all are fine and working with no errors for other games, it ended up only this FF8 game, emulationstation cannot view out the image/metadata.

The reason I came to such conclusion is by referring to es_log.txt and there's a line like this:

Code:
lvl1: File "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx/Final Fantasy VIII.PBP" does not exist! Ignoring.

Final Fantasy IX is around 1.75GB and emulationstation detects it but for FF8 seems no luck.

Already posted in reddit and replied to a related topic in retropie uk forum but got an answer from moderator. He asked me to update emulationstation since they already made it support 2GB rom. I knew clearly we on ROPi should not simply upgrade emulationstation but I still did that. The update messed things up and the issue did not solve but I am suspecting it would not solve on RetroPie too.

My concern is, does the latest 4.2 ROPi image include latest emulationstation with that new feature? Or any help in solving this issue?

Post to refer:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/commen...t_showing/
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/post/164193
https://github.com/RetroPie/EmulationSta...c7d7600245
nano RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/supplementary/emulationstation.sh

in sources section, change branch from master to full then try updating again
(10-12-2018, 11:18 AM)alexkidd Wrote: nano RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/supplementary/emulationstation.sh

in sources section, change branch from master to full then try updating again

Thanks for the reply. Now emulationstation able to detect my 2GB+ pbp file. Everything works nicely and images get loaded too.

When everything seems working fine, sound is as well working fine with background music and in game music, but my concern is, now it gave me such error text but then seemed not affecting me on anything.

Here are the text in log file.

Somehow I felf these bunch of letters keep appearing everytime I quit a game are quite annoying. How to get rid of this? Or what is actually happening?
this happens if the board has only a single audiocard (usually Banana Pis)

to fix it, edit both /etc/asound.conf and /home/pi/.asoundrc changing card 1 to card 0, hw:1,0 to hw:0,0
(10-18-2018, 01:55 PM)alexkidd Wrote: this happens if the board has only a single audiocard (usually Banana Pis)

to fix it, edit both /etc/asound.conf and /home/pi/.asoundrc changing card 1 to card 0, hw:1,0 to hw:0,0

Is this correct? All card 1 change to card 0 and the hw:1,0 to hw:0,0 in asound.conf, if yes, there is no longer any background music. Even my boot up splashscreen video has no sound too. In game sound is working as normal. And the bunch of error texts are still there. What should i do?

I am on Orange Pi Lite.

I try to search around, I saw quite similar issue. They said have to modify the config.txt which we don’t have it.
Refer: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2227...f-retropie
(10-19-2018, 06:20 AM)genzi0401 Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 01:55 PM)alexkidd Wrote: this happens if the board has only a single audiocard (usually Banana Pis)

Is this correct? All card 1 change to card 0 and the hw:1,0 to hw:0,0 in asound.conf, if yes, there is no longer any background music. Even my boot up splashscreen video has no sound too. In game sound is working as normal. And the bunch of error texts are still there. What should i do?

I am on Orange Pi Lite.

I try to search around, I saw quite similar issue. They said have to modify the config.txt which we don’t have it.
Refer: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2227...f-retropie

any idea how to fix this?
Maybe I'll have to recheck ES sourcecode
(10-19-2018, 04:02 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Maybe I'll have to recheck ES sourcecode

Thanks and appreciate your effort.
I really wish to solve this annoying issue asap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dualshock 3 not work in games (OPi PC) RinDim 2 158 11-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: RinDim
Exclamation [solved]Problem with the video in gamelist view style retux 4 285 10-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: retux
  Dont work all joypad in games (full ropi, orange pi lite) Chubunov 8 435 10-25-2018, 11:39 PM
Last Post: rtokuda
Bug Opi-zero h2 Ropi 4.2 full joystick don't work jimlee32 1 231 10-04-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: dee098
Sad [solved] ES Scraper function does not work laguna 3 251 09-28-2018, 07:16 AM
Last Post: laguna
  Unable to get ASUS USB-AC53 Nano to work. xerotyme 3 224 09-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Contribution, fix of file extensions system psx laguna 0 169 09-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Last Post: laguna
Bug Wifi dongle don't work Ropi4.2 full jimlee32 4 515 09-19-2018, 01:08 AM
Last Post: batistars30
  after upgrade 4.2, old saved state didnt work neworange 1 225 09-06-2018, 09:52 AM
  Update not work rtokuda 1 236 09-02-2018, 10:15 PM