Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game List and unwanted objects.
I have several issues with unwanted object in game list.
An i'm trying to fix in a more upgrade friendly way here what i did... help needed.

DOS Games
I have several directory with all games also setup.exe and setup.com are dectected...
So i renamend all .bat .exe and .com as .Bat .Com and .Exe will not be detected and in ther root of PC folder i put some namegame.bat command to run the game. Dos is not case sensitive and everything will work fine.

MAME / Arcade.
I didnt find yet a way to hide bios rom files. or a folder where i can put in order to be detected but not listed.
Hide option doesn't work... (and is long)

Amiga and C64 
I didn't found yet a way to hide disk 2 3 and etc.

Scumm VM
after every launch i get some files like Target.svm --------------------.svm LIBGL:.svm and LIBGL:LOADED.svm
i didn't find yet a way to avoid. and searching on google for Target.svm is very strange.

Any suggestions?
DOS Games: no easy automatic solution. Sometimes the best to do is remove the useless files.

MAME / Arcade: try to reconfigure retroarch.cfg or retroarch-core-options.cfg overriding Arcade bios folder to ~/RetroPie/BIOS.

Amiga and C64 : i renamed all my 2nd disks to .ZIP , leaving only .zip as allowed extension.

Scumm VM: this is a side effect of using libglshim to run scummvm. Solved in v4.3 (using framebuffer).
(01-08-2019, 11:05 AM)alexkidd Wrote: DOS Games: no easy automatic solution. Sometimes the best to do is remove the useless files.

MAME / Arcade: try to reconfigure retroarch.cfg or retroarch-core-options.cfg overriding Arcade bios folder to ~/RetroPie/BIOS.

Amiga and C64 : i renamed all my 2nd disks to .ZIP , leaving only .zip as allowed extension.

Scumm VM: this is a side effect of using libglshim to run scummvm. Solved in v4.3 (using framebuffer).

Thank you very much!
(01-08-2019, 03:48 PM)Lamerjack Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 11:05 AM)alexkidd Wrote: MAME / Arcade: try to reconfigure retroarch.cfg or retroarch-core-options.cfg overriding Arcade bios folder to ~/RetroPie/BIOS.
I did some try... but my Linux knowledge is not enough...
Anyway i found a solution...
I uncompressed the bios rom and put in a folder...
then i deleted the zip files.
Files are not detected but used when needed! (and they use less space than merge bios in the rom)
I also try to compress as 7zip but seems that lrmame2010 that should use 7zip doesn't.
I hope that this can help somebody!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  control no response in psx game neworange 9 629 03-27-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: estefanianube