Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure an exit button for PPSSPP to EmulationStation
I couldn't find any way to exit ppssspp instead of pressing ESC on my keyboard, but it's boring to connect your keyboard everytime you need to exit the emulator.

After sometime I found a thread that the user explain how to configure the pause button as exit to emulationstation, so I think it might help others and they can find it more easy in the forum.

I am using the 4.2 Slim version with an Orange Pi Plus 2E.

Code:
For anyone else who may be searching this, I have found how to exit from PPSSPP straight back to retropie using a quit button. Make sure you have all your settings correct within PPSSPP. Once you are happy with your settings then configure the "pause menu" in Controls to the button that you want to use to exit the emulator. If the mouse pointer is also an issue to you then you will find that by ticking the "Fullscreen" option that this disappears.

Ok so now find your configs folder, go into "psp" folder and find emulators.cfg. Edit this using your chosen method and find the line

ppsspp = "/opt/retropie/emulators/ppsspp/PPSSPPSDL %ROM%"

Change it to:

ppsspp = "/opt/retropie/emulators/ppsspp/PPSSPPSDL %ROM% --escape-exit"

Save it and now your "pause" button will exit the PSP game straight back to your frontend.

Obviously you can no longer get into your settings unless you reverse this procedure and remove the "--escape-exit" parameter.

Source: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/1733...emulator/3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ppsspp recalbox 6 HnAw 2 186 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: HnAw
  I Updated PPSSPP and now it does'nt work HnAw 13 1,304 03-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Last Post: HnAw
  Configure Ipega 9025 rtokuda 5 905 11-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
Photo emulationstation does not start rtokuda 2 862 10-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  After try Translate option emulationstation don't start caioandrade 2 858 10-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Last Post: caioandrade