Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetroStone: Kodi Black Screen with Sound in Video
It seems there may be a resolution setting due to RetroStone I need to setup?

I have a clean install of 4.2 FULL, but Kodi video will display a black screen with no sound. Any help would be welcome.

Also when trying to install Amiberry I'm having problems downloading the repo, says Jesse's dependencies are missing. I am trying this since UAE4Arm won't work for me. Please any advice?
Kodi: probably root is the owner of root folder.
Please run "sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi/"

Amiberry: there is an upstream bug with debian/armbian repositories we're taking a look now.
(04-07-2019, 09:45 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Kodi: probably root is the owner of root folder.

Amiberry: there is an upstream bug with debian/armbian repositories we're taking a look now.

Wow thanks for the quick response will try your suggestion.

I am new to this platform, but am very interested in learning the ins and outs and your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time and investigating.

(04-08-2019, 04:06 AM)luckithroe Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 09:45 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Kodi: probably root is the owner of root folder.

Wow thanks for the quick response will try your suggestion.

I am new to this platform, but am very interested in learning the ins and outs and your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time and investigating.

Whoops I just realized I described my Kodi symptom incorrectly.

Actually I DO have sound, it's just the video is all black. In other words, I can hear the sounds and people talking, just black screen instead of video playing when attempting to stream. 

Do you still recommend same advice for me (I will wait to run the 'chown' until I hear back from you)?
We have to investigate, but it's probably a non compliant video or a resolution higher than accepted by the mplayer.

Please open an issue in our github https://github.com/retr0rangepi/RetrOrangePi with full video information (resolution, codec etc) so we can try to reproduce the error.
(04-08-2019, 01:14 PM)alexkidd Wrote: We have to investigate, but it's probably a non compliant video or a resolution higher than accepted by the mplayer.

Please open an issue in our github https://github.com/retr0rangepi/RetrOrangePi  with full video information (resolution, codec etc) so we can try to reproduce the error.

I can definitely submit, however my question is specifically in relation to Kodi on the RetroStone. 

I am new to both Kodi and RetroStone (received my device about a week back). I am primarily wondering/hoping since the display on RetroStone is rather low resolution that perhaps there was some setting in Kodi I needed to make it have better compatibility with this device. I did notice that if I try CNN low resolution clips I can see the video, but if I try something like ABC's videos they will not display.

Again, apologies in advance as these are mostly user error I'm sure, but I'm just getting my feet with the device/platform so if there are any tricks I am only beginning to learn them. Thus am trying to learn mostly from reading these forums and the internet, but sprinkling in a few n00b questions here and there.

I'm SO happy you made this device btw - thanks again for all of your effort Smile
Please submit it, as we have another old and similar bug we'd like to address.
We didnt make the Retrostone, it's a project by Pierre-Louis Boyer we're glad to support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck on Retrorangepi Loading screen patton2784 4 188 03-29-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: patton2784
Exclamation Retrostone supreme 1.3 no speaker sound GARRETTGRENIER 0 204 02-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Last Post: GARRETTGRENIER
  New **Update** Supreme Retrostone image v1.3 Régalad 55 16,704 02-17-2019, 05:10 AM
Last Post: lhymes
Question Retrostone and SteamLink Saidrog 0 265 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Saidrog
  Retrostone N64 secondd 3 1,217 12-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: secondd
  USB Wifi + Screen protector question ahnfire 3 1,091 11-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Last Post: qu1que
  TFT-CARBON theme for Emulation Station on the Retrostone qu1que 0 770 11-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: qu1que
  Switching Gamelist View to "video" does not work jukker 4 1,075 11-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Last Post: jukker
  reicast issue / Dreamcast emulation (date screen) Daniel 10 5,620 10-29-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Liontek1985
  How to run Scummvm games on retrorangepi for retrostone??? ramonpks 12 2,020 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: ramonpks