Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amiberry controls on RetroStone help
Hello,

I searched the interwebz but have been unsuccessful finding an easy solution. I was able to get Amiberry installed with AlexKidd's help, but now I am having no luck getting it to work with the keyboard (a rii 8 mini keyboard) or built in RetroStone controller.
This may be in part due to having a hard time seeing the screen due to resolution on RetroStone.

My question is, does anyone have any easy suggestions for getting the controls working and to save (they seem to reset each time), or perhaps have a config file from their RetroStone setup that they'd be willing to share?

P.S. Also after installing Amiberry , it appears UAE4Arm is no longer available as a configuration in the "press a to launch configuration" menu, any ideas why?

Sorry in advance for the n00b question, but... I'm not having much luck so thought I'd give you guys a shot.

(04-18-2019, 12:07 AM)luckithroe Wrote: Hello,

I searched the interwebz but have been unsuccessful finding an easy solution. I was able to get Amiberry installed with AlexKidd's help, but now I am having no luck getting it to work with the keyboard (a rii 8 mini keyboard) or built in RetroStone controller.
This may be in part due to having a hard time seeing the screen due to resolution on RetroStone.

My question is, does anyone have any easy suggestions for getting the controls working and to save (they seem to reset each time), or perhaps have a config file from their RetroStone setup that they'd be willing to share?

P.S. Also after installing Amiberry , it appears UAE4Arm is no longer available as a configuration in the "press a to launch configuration" menu, any ideas why?

Sorry in advance for the n00b question, but... I'm not having much luck so thought I'd give you guys a shot.

Update: Just realized my question is very specific to a device and maybe does not belong on this forum? If so just let me know, I will definitely remove my questions.
Controller mappings should inherit from EmulationStation input routine, but since Amiberry is a computer emulator, a keyboard AND a mouse are mandatory for better experience.
(04-18-2019, 02:03 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Controller mappings should inherit from EmulationStation input routine, but since Amiberry is a computer emulator, a keyboard AND a mouse are mandatory for better experience.

Thanks so much for the response.

Yes, that is what i read on the project/github page for the Amiberry as well. However all my other emulators seem to pickup my input devices, though Amiberry does not seem to recognize they Rii Keyboard/Mouse or RetroStone controller outside of the configurations menu. The keyboard/mouse does however work for atari st and commodore , so I can verify that EmulationStation is setup and the other emulators inheriting this configurations as expected, just seems Amiberry refuses to.

I am unsure but was wondering if perhaps since I installed it after RetroOrangePi install that it did not pickup the correct config somehow? I'm almost surely some stupid user error on my part, so if you have any additional suggestions I'd be appreciative. If not I totally understand also.
I will mark this as SOLVED, for some reason , and after hours or tinkering and pouring through forums and documents it seems to have picked up the configuration. So sorry for wasting everyones time on this.

Thanks all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with controls in every system Sonic3D 1 60 05-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Amiberry - Black screen after logo (no logs?) luckithroe 0 41 05-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: luckithroe
  GPIO controls VeteranGamer 6 1,893 04-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Last Post: canadien
  Openbor menu controls and file limit. kill_us_Now 1 395 12-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: kill_us_Now
  amiberry xtremox 6 1,401 11-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Asti
  [Q] LED's Retrostone MaffiLu 3 1,191 09-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: steebo777