Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamcast Not Working
So I installed the supreme Retrostone image (full) on my Retrostone. I wanted to play some Dreamcast games and so I went to install Reicast. But it was already installed. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but the Reicast/Dreamcast popup on the main menu didn't show up. I realized that I forgot to put the bios in. So I put the bios in the dc folder in the bios folder. Then I restarted my system. But Dreamcast still wasn't working! Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Hi -

Summary of various posts...

It works for me.

The BIN files need to be in the "/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/dc" directory. If the "dc" folder does not exist you can simply create it. Don't put it into the BIOS directory… it messes the boot up.
dc_boot.bin
dc_flash.bin

The ROMs go into the roms/Dreamcast
NOTE: ** MUST be all-in-one CDI format!! ** NOT RARs/ZIPs.

Also need to hit A+B+X+Y+Start at title screen of the first game that works and ERASE the VMU. Otherwise it is initially corrupt.

Don't hit the Select Key --> it will abort the Reicast.

Hope that helps.
removing then trying to reinstall breaks the installation as there are changes in upstream code

quicker solution: reflash the image, as the sources wont be updated at this very moment.
The thing is that I did reflash the image a bunch of times. And the +start Reicast didn't show up on the main menu.
Populate ROMs and run then straight from Emulationstation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Problem dreamcast bios MitchOOn 1 799 05-01-2019, 03:19 AM
Last Post: luckithroe
  Change hotkeys reicast(Dreamcast) Jordir6 1 705 01-18-2019, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Jordir6
  reicast issue / Dreamcast emulation (date screen) Daniel 10 6,790 10-29-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Liontek1985
  Cheats Retroarch not working secondd 2 1,238 10-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Last Post: secondd
  Dreamcast dc_boot dc_flash secondd 3 2,876 10-17-2018, 06:25 AM
Last Post: secondd
  [SOLVED] Retroachievments not working with WiFi but Eth TH9 2 1,203 09-28-2018, 05:28 AM
Last Post: TH9