Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCLONE on Retrostone?
Has anyone tried to get RCLONE to work on the Retrostone? Among its other file sync abilities, RCLONE functions as a cloud save system on vanilla Retropie.

While the script itself will run on Retrorangepi, it needs to install programs that don't seem to be available for this hardware...

RCLONE script for retropie

Can anyone think of a workaround or alternative system to produce the same results?
(06-09-2019, 01:48 PM)Dahak Wrote: Has anyone tried to get RCLONE to work on the Retrostone? Among its other file sync abilities, RCLONE functions as a cloud save system on vanilla Retropie.

While the script itself will run on Retrorangepi, it needs to install programs that don't seem to be available for this hardware...

RCLONE script for retropie

Can anyone think of a workaround or alternative system to produce the same results?

In a Spanish group that we have for the retrostone in telegram, we are working on a script to store the savegames both locally and in the cloud via drive and then restore them as well. Currently it is almost fully functional, although improvements are still being added. The only serious problem that still has and that has been asked for help to Alexxkidd is that you can not use the controls of the retrostone you have to use the keyboard to use it, but we hope it will be solved in the coming weeks. The script has no guarantee in case something goes wrong and the saves are lost, you have to burn the image again or anything else that happens.

In spanish now/ahora en castellano:

En un grupo español que tenemos para la retrostone en telegram, se esta trabajando en un script para almacenar las partidas tanto de manera local como en la nube via drive y poder luego restaurarlos tambien. Actualmente esta casi totalmente funcional, aunque se siguen añadiendo mejoras. El unico problema grave que todavia tiene y que se ha pedido ayuda a Alexxkidd es que no se pueden usar los controles de la retrostone se tiene que usar el teclado para usarlo, pero esperamos que se solucione en las proximas semanas. El script no tiene garantia ninguna en caso de que algo vaya mal y se pierdan los saves, tengas que volver a quemar la imagen o cualquier otra cosa que suceda.
We'll implement the above script soon, just lacking spare time to do it.
(06-10-2019, 11:38 AM)alexkidd Wrote: We'll implement the above script soon, just lacking spare time to do it.

Hi Alexkidd, I'm the person who talk to you on discord chat about our script, and the possibility of interact with it with the retrostone controls. If you remember I've send you a few weeks ago the code of the script, but now it's better, and has some extra funcionalities. So, when you want to try it, ask me on discord chat or in this forum, and I'll send it to you the last version.

Regards,
Qu1que.
please, send me again on discord, thanks
(06-10-2019, 06:45 PM)alexkidd Wrote: please, send me again on discord, thanks

I've send it just a few minutes ago. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling limited edition blue retrostone aj_efff 2 1,313 05-15-2019, 05:56 AM
Last Post: luckithroe
  TFT-CARBON theme for Emulation Station on the Retrostone qu1que 3 2,276 05-13-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: luckithroe
  RetroStone: Kodi Black Screen with Sound in Video luckithroe 5 1,390 04-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
Exclamation Retrostone supreme 1.3 no speaker sound GARRETTGRENIER 0 718 02-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Last Post: GARRETTGRENIER
  New **Update** Supreme Retrostone image v1.3 Régalad 55 31,229 02-17-2019, 05:10 AM
Last Post: lhymes
Question Retrostone and SteamLink Saidrog 0 782 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Saidrog
  Retrostone N64 secondd 3 2,465 12-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: secondd
  How to run Scummvm games on retrorangepi for retrostone??? ramonpks 12 4,533 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: ramonpks
  RetroStone controller takes a long time to be seen TROFF 3 1,653 10-18-2018, 02:39 AM
  How hot is too hot for the RetroStone? TROFF 1 1,196 10-11-2018, 10:14 AM