Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background music gone when system restart
I'm at retrorangepie 4.2. 
Every time that I enter into ES I have to go at: retropie -> retrorangepie -> backgroundmusic -> enable
I really want to make it automatically play when I boot the system. Things that I've already tried:

1) Edit the bgmusic.py, disable_music.sh, enable_music.sh. But since I dont understand linux programming I had no success at this. 
2) Disabling the background music at ES then enabling it then restarting the system.
3) Going to terminal by F4 and type the following commands:

wget [/url][url=http://www.retrorangepi.org/asplashscreen]http://www.retrorangepi.org/asplashscreen
sudo cp -v asplashscreen /etc/init.d/

4) enter RetroPie-Setup - Manage packages - main (or optional), install splashscreen (the splashscreen was already installed but I reinstalled it with no sucess).
It's important to know what changes were made to the scripts ,as they're probably borked now.
Also, running those commands from terminal may have broken it even more, because v4.2 use systemd service for Splashscreen feature.
Were other changes attempted?

Since you've said you don't understand linux programming , reflashing the image is the easiest and quickest solution.
(06-29-2019, 03:00 PM)alexkidd Wrote: It's important to know what changes were made to the scripts ,as they're probably borked now.
Also, running those commands from terminal may have broken it even more, because v4.2 use systemd service for Splashscreen feature.
Were other changes attempted?

Since you've said you don't understand linux programming , reflashing the image is the easiest and quickest solution.

Yes I've tried to change the scripts. But once it didnt work I replaced with the originals. So they aren't different right now. 

About the F4 command, I saw it on another post somewhere that this could be a solution. I guess the the background music is somehow related to the asplashscreen file which makes sense since this file has a line with bgmusic.py. From what I've researched this won't do anything bad  but to download the asplashscreen file and send it to the etc/init.d folder. I truly don't think that this is causing this specific problem since it was already happening before I did this.

No other changes were attempted to fix it.

I've already reinstalled all the system by reflashing the image, which gave me a low of rework (because of updating the retrorange, updatinng tge retropie-setup script, transferring 25gb of roms via winSCP, installing skyscrapper, scrapping all games, changing themes). I truly don't want to reflash it again. Everything is done, I just need to fix this..

I am in hope there is somehow a way to manually fix it. Maybe by editing a line in a file, or add a new file, but I dont know. Is there something about this systemd service that I could do maybe? I never studied linux programming before, but I can put some effort to understand and follow some steps. If it is the sistuation of changing a line, I guess I can open a file with pluma at desktop with sudo command, so I can edit a file with admin permission. 
I really want to fix this. If it was for me I would just enable the music every time I enter ES. But since is a gift for my daughter I want to set everything to be automatic. 

Thanks for the answer. I would appreciate any further information about this.
lets start with replacing autostart file, which contains the python command that starts bgmusic

press F4 to quit ES

run:
wget -O /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh http://www.retrorangepi.download/autostart.sh

press Ctrl D to return to ES

if it fails, run the following command, so we can check if something else is missing:

python /home/pi/RetrOrangePi/Background_Music/bgmusic.py &
(06-29-2019, 05:21 PM)alexkidd Wrote: lets start with replacing autostart file, which contains the python command that starts bgmusic

press F4 to quit ES

run:
wget -O /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh http://www.retrorangepi.download/autostart.sh

if it fails, run the following command, so we can check if something else is missing:

It worked! Thank you very much.
All the time I was thinking it was something about the asplashscreen when it was the autostart.sh
Now my gift is perfectly made!  Big Grin  
Thanks again, I appreciate it!
(06-29-2019, 05:21 PM)alexkidd Wrote: lets start with replacing autostart file, which contains the python command that starts bgmusic

press F4 to quit ES

run:

I found what happned. I used desktop to get my roms from a usb drive. If I click restart from emulationstation at the right top corner of the desktop screen and then restart, then the line with bgmusic.py in the autostart.sh file go away.
/home/pi/RetrOrangePi/autostart_emustation.sh must be changed then

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hide "RETROPIE" menu in emulationstation, music disappears. cyborg 4 1,105 08-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: cyborg
  Music games croaks cyborg 4 834 07-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: cyborg
  How to reactivate music in menu? Revnus 3 708 06-28-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Revnus
  Problems with controls in every system Sonic3D 1 578 05-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Music Problem saroninux 2 865 04-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Last Post: saroninux
  Background Music stoped flaviokosta 1 830 03-05-2019, 09:23 PM
  [Solved] Broken system start (boot) laguna 12 5,341 01-28-2019, 10:45 AM
  No background music on boot. patchmagic 0 735 12-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: patchmagic
  How to expand system to fit 64gb sd card? genzi0401 2 3,559 10-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: genzi0401
  Contribution, fix of file extensions system psx laguna 0 693 09-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Last Post: laguna