Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Screen..
Hi. A few days ago I gave as a gift an orange pi with retrorangepi. The connection between the board is made by hdmi cable. 
It was working fine! Sometimes tho, when I first turned on the board with the tv at the same time a pink screen on the smart ledtv was shown. So the solution was simple turning off the board of the power supply and turning it again. But now, a few days after this, even by doing that method of turning off and turning again the board, or turning on the TV first all cables connected, the pink screen always show. I've tried a lot of things and I've already runned into other threads here. No solution for the hdmi tho. What else can I try?
we could never find a pattern to fix it for good. I hope now that we're definitely moving to mainline kernel that this bug will be over.
(07-18-2019, 02:47 PM)alexkidd Wrote: we could never find a pattern to fix it for good. I hope now that we're definitely moving to mainline kernel that this bug will be over.

Oh my.. any suggestion of anything I could try to fix this? Dont want to move to rpi and start all over.
if changing the hdmi cable makes no difference, try to force another resolution:

"sudo h3disp -m 10" for example, will change to 1080p if your tv set is compatible
When the tv is on also the input channel where is connected the orangepi is selected? (some tv pass the edid only when channel is selected)
If you use same cable and same input and connect your notebook/computer it works and you can read in windows/mac/linux the name of the tv?
Old images 3.x that should have not pink screen issue works?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amiberry - Black screen after logo (no logs?) luckithroe 1 502 05-27-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Roy
Lightbulb Any update to 3.0.1 for 4.2 for Arcade no pink screen jimlee32 2 1,705 09-15-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Post: jimlee32