Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ask for advice for switching to a higher model.
Hi guys, I'm sorry, but I haven't found an adequate section where to post this question. if so, move to the appropriate section.
Using OrangePi Lite, with the RetrOrangePi 4.2 version for a while.
I set everything thanks to your very precious advice, especially those of Alex whom I thank.
For some time now, I have the idea of taking an Orange mainboard, more powerful than mine, but I don't know which one to choose.
Would you advise me some to choose from?
On my Orange pi Lite, I didn't find any major points against it, except that it heats up in a really absurd way and does not hold the graphics of some more challenging games, but very little stuff.

Thanks a lot.
Orazio.
most compatible boards shared the same CPU H3 and GPU Mali400 so there will be no performance boost between them.
Having more RAM will help little, maybe on using Armbian desktop, not in games
(08-15-2019, 02:10 PM)alexkidd Wrote: most compatible boards shared the same CPU H3 and GPU Mali400 so there will be no performance boost between them.
Having more RAM will help little, maybe on using Armbian desktop, not in games

Thank you very much Alex, so doesn't it make sense for you to change my Orange pi Lite model to someone else? If you tell me that I wouldn't find emulation improvements, I trust you and will follow your advice.
Do you have any tips for the overheating problem?
My orange lite really warms up a lot, and I'm afraid it could be damaged ... you know my daughter plays with it for a long time and sometimes becomes incandescent, in her original transparent case, without fans. 
it is this:

https://www.teknistore.com/it/raspberry-...gLf5_D_BwE

Maybe I could mount it on my mini bartop. I do not know.

[Image: 1q66uq.jpg]
if there are improvements, they'll be minimum. OPi Lite reaches 1200mhz and PC 1296mhz.

suggestion, check youtube : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ttle+of+pi
Thank you very much Alex, I appreciate it very much.
Orazio.