Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not configured
Hi,
I have this problem with 4.3: in every emu it says "Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not configured" and controller doesn't work. I can normally configure controllers in emulationstation and they work normally in menus, but then in emulators don't work. They only work with amiberry. Any ideas? Huh
try to edit /etc/rc.local , uncomment the xboxdrv line, maybe it will work better
(10-15-2019, 07:13 PM)alexkidd Wrote: try to edit /etc/rc.local , uncomment the xboxdrv line, maybe it will work better

I tried, now receiver is recognized as generic x360, but I have the same problem, it doesn't work in emu except amiberry so far. Maybe I have to configure emulators manually? If yes, how?
Any news about this problem? I can't use any emulator but amiberry... It's driving me mad...
very strange, i have myself an xbox wireless receiver and it works fine
you can probably add an udev rule like this, as i cannot reproduce the bug
https://forums.libretro.com/t/8bitdo-gam...ev/3036/11
change 8bitdo value for the xbox
(10-18-2019, 07:07 PM)alexkidd Wrote: very strange, i have myself an xbox wireless receiver and it works fine
you can probably add an udev rule like this, as i cannot reproduce the bug
https://forums.libretro.com/t/8bitdo-gam...ev/3036/11
change 8bitdo value for the xbox

Tried but nothing... If in emulationstation and amiberry works is it possibile that I have to configure it in emulators? Eventually, how?
few more things to try:

1. unplug and plug wireless receiver while in retroarch
2. plug a keyboard , select Settings - Input - Input 1 ... then remap
3. after remapping, go to quick menu and save a remap file
4. recheck /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads and /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/autoconfig they should be linked and contain the controller configuration file. So if you used your own configs, it's probably broken and maybe that's why it does not find the file.
(10-19-2019, 01:18 PM)alexkidd Wrote: few more things to try:

1. unplug and plug wireless receiver while in retroarch
2. plug a keyboard , select Settings - Input - Input 1 ... then remap
3. after remapping, go to quick menu and save a remap file
4. recheck /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads and /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/autoconfig they should be linked and contain the controller configuration file. So if you used your own configs, it's probably broken and maybe that's why it does not find the file.

Don't know how to enter in retroarch but i notice that /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads and /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch/autoconfig path are both empty. I think this is the problem... what file(s) should contain?
Configuring input in ES creates a controllername.cfg file with input bindings
What would explain this? Incorrect folder structure , readonly filesystem (often caused by use of external storage), or some unknown reason
(10-20-2019, 12:12 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Configuring input in ES creates a controllername.cfg file with input bindings
What would explain this? Incorrect folder structure , readonly filesystem (often caused by use of external storage), or some unknown reason
Two folder are linked... Filesystem is a regular ext4 on sd card. I tried to manually create "Xbox360 Wireless Receiver.cfg" file but doesn't work. Also I can't enter on retroarch confing pressing f1 on keyboard and I don't know what to do...