Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
h3disp dissapeared?
Hello.

Retorangepi 4.2 has a video resolución utility mames h3disp

In 4.3 versión this utility doesnt exists.

How I can chance the resolución un 4.3 version?
h3disp is only compatible with the legacy kernel

to change resolution, edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt with sudo nano
(10-18-2019, 11:51 AM)alexkidd Wrote: h3disp is only compatible with the legacy kernel

to change resolution, edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt with sudo nano

Many thanks!

armbianEnv.txt contains two resolution configurations.

One for 1080p and other for 720p that I've changed to same.
The one that counts is the second (720p) and it was chosen because it seems to have better performance over 1080p
(10-18-2019, 06:51 PM)alexkidd Wrote: The one that counts is the second (720p) and it was chosen because it seems to have better performance over 1080p

Ok.

I've orangepi +2e connect to a 4k tv.

When I change the resolution in /boot/armbianEnv.txt file Emustation and the command line (F4) show in the
resolution that I write in armbianEnv.txt but... when I launch a rom the resolution changes to 4096x2160.

If I select Retroarch from Retropie menu the resolution changes to 4096x2160 too.

How can I change the resolution to 1280x720 when I launch a rom?
mainline kernel has modesetting enabled, that's why it changes resolution on the fly to the max
to force 1280x720, you have to edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and change width and height parameters, i think it's video_fullscreen_x and video_fullscreen_y
remove # from beginning of the line and change the values
(10-22-2019, 11:02 PM)alexkidd Wrote: mainline kernel has modesetting enabled, that's why it changes resolution on the fly to the max
to force 1280x720, you have to edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and change width and height parameters, i think it's video_fullscreen_x and video_fullscreen_y
remove # from beginning of the line and change the values

Ok.

It's apparently works but...

The games now runs at 60fps (in UHD the games runs slowly) but the tv keeps showing 4096x2160 resolution.
It's some strange.
maybe it's a tv feature
on my unit, it shows the new resolution