Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetrOrangePI Segfault after system update
Being a longtime linux user (not an expert by any means though) one of the first things I do on a fresh install is to do a system upgrade to make sure all apps are updated to their latest version and any security fixes are done.  Usually it's the standard

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

After this I usually reboot the system.  With RetrOrangePi 4.3, it will do the splash screen, but then I get dumped into a text console with a simple "segfault" and a user prompt.  I've no issue redoing the installation, but for those of us who like to keep things up to date and secure, it is a little bit of a downer.  What would you guys need from me to see why this is happening?

Oh, I'm using an OrangePI PC 2 to run my RetrOrangePi 4.3. Thank you so much for finally building support for this board.
At the moment, the PC2 is a beta release, because it still mixes 32 and 64 bit architecture packages, some of them had to be copied manually.
So, until we build a pure 64bit image or track exactly what's being broken, don't upgrade it.
Please open an issue in our github with the steps to reproduce the bug and the logs with the packages being installed.
(11-20-2019, 07:02 PM)alexkidd Wrote: At the moment, the PC2 is a beta release, because it still mixes 32 and 64 bit architecture packages, some of them had to be copied manually.
So, until we build a pure 64bit image or track exactly what's being broken, don't upgrade it.
Please open an issue in our github with the steps to reproduce the bug and the logs with the packages being installed.

Thank you for your assistance.  I've done as you asked and opened an issue on github and uploaded my dpkg.log.  I'm off to re-image my SD card now so I can enjoy RetrOrangePi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RetrOrangePi on NanoPi Duo2 - CVBS enable RossiRPI 3 199 11-13-2019, 05:46 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
Information [OPi Plus 2E] Install RetrOrangePi on eMMC Remylenain 15 2,022 11-08-2019, 03:40 AM
Last Post: ZeroHager
  RetroRangePi doesn't save configuration zarkon 0 171 10-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Last Post: zarkon
  The problem of changing the language of the system. 666_dark_side 0 198 10-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: 666_dark_side