Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vertical mode
Hi,
the 4.3 version was supposed to include a vertical mode? does anyone have any info on how to do it?
I want to make an arcade only vertical image and cocktail image.
so I want to know how to get it to boot into vertical mode, so the menu and everything is displayed vertically?
Thanks
Code:
sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt

add fbcon=rotate:1 to the end of the extraargs line

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/emulationstation.sh

add --screenrotate 1 --screensize 720 1280 to the end of the "$esdir/emulationstation" "$@" line (change resolution to match your own)

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

on line video_rotation, change value to "3"
Great, thank you for the step by step instructions.
I'll let you know if it works or if I have any other questions.

One more question, would these steps work on a 4.2 image? Or only for 4.3?
(02-27-2020, 02:14 AM)alexkidd Wrote:
Code:
sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt

add fbcon=rotate:1 to the end of the extraargs line

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/emulationstation.sh

add --screenrotate 1 --screensize 720 1280 to the end of the "$esdir/emulationstation" "$@" line (change resolution to match your own)

Code:
nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

on line video_rotation, change value to "3"

Alexkidd thank you for the information. The steps worked well on a 4.3 image, I need to design or find a vertical theme, and test the game play but everything is displaying vertically.
I also applied the steps to a 4.2 image with some success however there are graphical glitches in the system menu's, not sure if it's theme related or something else. Need to do more testing with both images.
Should the steps be any different for 4.2, are there any reason it shouldn't work with 4.2.
Thanks for your help and keep up the great work.
On 4.2 (ancient legacy kernel) feature is not builtin , so only EmulationStation and Retroarch should work, all terminal output will likely be horizontal
(03-01-2020, 05:58 PM)alexkidd Wrote: On 4.2 (ancient legacy kernel) feature is not builtin ,  so only EmulationStation and Retroarch should work, all terminal output will likely be horizontal

Thanks for the quick reply and thank you for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amiberry CPU turbo/fastest mode does not work properly klaute 2 878 11-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Last Post: alexkidd