Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
retrostone2 competitors
(02-26-2020, 07:32 PM)Krempo Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 07:52 AM)thkrmr Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 05:47 AM)Krempo Wrote: Ok I got the update installed now how do I put in the bios for gba?

Copy the BIOS to /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/ make sure the name is gba_bios.bin

Done! It works! Thanks!
N64 isnt working. I guess that's to be expected tho right? I just wanted to play retro games... now you guys got me doing tech and hacking and shit. I'm different now! Seriously tho, thanks

N64 is a beast to emulate, unfortunately the RetroStone2 is overall an overpriced and weak handheld. Your phone is better suited to emulate the N64.
(02-26-2020, 08:26 PM)thkrmr Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 05:47 AM)Krempo Wrote: Ok I got the update installed now how do I put in the bios for gba?

Done! It works! Thanks!
N64 isnt working. I guess that's to be expected tho right? I just wanted to play retro games... now you guys got me doing tech and hacking and shit. I'm different now! Seriously tho, thanks

N64 is a beast to emulate, unfortunately the RetroStone2 is overall an overpriced and weak handheld. Your phone is better suited to emulate the N64.
your opinion  is not right the price of it is ok if you add up all the parts and the money to make them it is worth it it may not do n64 but it does a hell of a lot over consoles ie nes super nes mega drive master s nerogro so on and yes your mobile will do the n64 but does not have controllers built in so is not the same and a mobile is a lot more money then 143 euros so what do you want for 143 euros ps4 and Xbox one x emu on it ?
(02-26-2020, 08:43 PM)troll Wrote:

Done! It works! Thanks!

your opinion  is not right the price of it is ok if you add up all the parts and the money to make them it is worth it it may not do n64 but it does a hell of a lot over consoles ie nes super nes mega drive master s nerogro so on and yes your mobile will do the n64 but does not have controllers built in so is not the same and a mobile is a lot more money then 143 euros so what do you want for 143 euros ps4 and Xbox one x emu on it ?

Have you actually checked out the competition? ODROID Go Advance being offered for 55$ without the (arguably useless) ports but a much much more powerful machine, which will be modded in the future, running PSX, PSP and N64. The RG350, similar performance to RS2 but analog sticks, rumble, USB-C and miniHDMI and IPS panel at a much lower price. Even the GPI with CM3 mod does it better. It's arguable if anyone needs an Ethernet port on a handheld or even 3 USB ports. Also ergonomics of the RS2 are not that good, GPI case does a much better job. Overall the RS2 is overpriced and underpowered.
(02-26-2020, 09:00 PM)thkrmr Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:43 PM)troll Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 07:52 AM)thkrmr Wrote: Copy the BIOS to /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/ make sure the name is gba_bios.bin

Done! It works! Thanks!

Have you actually checked out the competition? ODROID Go Advance being offered for 55$ without the (arguably useless) ports but a much much more powerful machine, which will be modded in the future, running PSX, PSP and N64. The RG350, similar performance to RS2 but analog sticks, rumble, USB-C and miniHDMI and IPS panel at a much lower price. Even the GPI with CM3 mod does it better. It's arguable if anyone needs an Ethernet port on a handheld or even 3 USB ports. Also ergonomics of the RS2 are not that good, GPI case does a much better job. Overall the RS2 is overpriced and underpowered.

Yes I have them but what are you doing here why don’t you go and play them then .and the odroid in the uk is 74 pound 
Not 55 plus you have to make it your self and as for the rg350 cheap made
(02-27-2020, 12:44 PM)troll Wrote: Yes I have them but what are you doing here why don’t you go and play them then .and the odroid in the uk is 74 pound 
Not 55 plus you have to make it your self and as for the rg350 cheap made

Why shouldn't I be here? I backed the RS2, I got one in clear blue, I'm here for the stable release of retrorangepi. 
I got my ODROID Go Advance for 65 EUR, already imported and no shipping fees. The RS2 is now listed as 135 EUR, 8 EUR shipping and import fees.
The OGA runs PSP, N64 and PS1 in addition to what the RS2 can do. 
Even if there'll be an IPS screen mod for the OGA which you'd have to buy separately it still is going to be less than 145+ Euros.

And yes the RS2 case is of better quality but is a strain to use. The GPI is ergonomically superior and the quality is basically the same, again, cheaper, bundled up around 80 EUR.
The "real feel" performance of the RS2 is basically on par with the zero pi. Is an extra set of shoulder buttons worth 65 Euro? No. With the IPS screen? Maybe. But then again, RG350.