Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get OpenElec + SSH + VNC running at same time ? ( Openelec )
How to get OpenElec + SSH + VNC running at same time ?

I want to have OpenElec/kodi running in monitor and have Original SSH and VNC remote control at same time ( i want make some stuff while some one is using the pi for TV/Media)
Start web server running other background console stuff  ... etc ...
In OpenELEC, SSH can be enabled from settings menu. You have to search addons for remote controlling.
(11-07-2016, 08:09 PM)alexkidd Wrote: In OpenELEC, SSH can be enabled from settings menu. You have to search addons for remote controlling.

Yes but i am searching for native (linux/debian core one) SSH one that  could use while openelec/kodi is running ?
Even best is to start on boot before ES emulator start up (connect to wifi/lan- I am using orangePI-lite and run SSH and VNC).
Is this possible?
I want to make stuff like starting and stopping apache,
Running simple java servers and so on .
Yes, as soon as the first splashscreen is gone, SSH service is enabled by default.

Just set your SSH client to pi@192.168.0.x through port 22 , user: pi, password: pi

You can check your IP with sudo ifconfig.
(11-08-2016, 01:27 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Yes, as soon as the first splashscreen is gone, SSH service is enabled by default.

Just set your SSH client to pi@192.168.0.x through port 22 , user: pi, password: pi

You can check your IP with sudo ifconfig.

Now i got it ... it does start but wifi won't start :/
I am using orange pi Lite and it goest online only if i connect it via usb Lan adapter
i configure the  wpa_supplicant, but it probably crashes with the same error i get in console

pi@RetrOrangePi:~$ sudo ifup wlan0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1
Failed to bring up wlan0.

When i log in to debian from the ES emulator i got no problems connecting with connecting to wifi
OpenElec is shutting down all the onboot features (original SSH and VNC server). Even the wifi connection.
I really want to run all the 3 together, but it looks like OpenElec shutdown all the background linux features for security reasons.
Is there a way to turn them off?

I can't start just kodi without the openelec system.
SSH works fine. Your problem will be finding a working OpenELEC VNC addon.
Just to clear things up. Armbian and OpenELEC are separated systems, with independent settings. OpenELEC has better and integrated hardware acceleration but lacks Armbian's Debian full featured system. You wont get it all together.
(11-11-2016, 10:55 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Just to clear things up. Armbian and OpenELEC are separated systems, with independent settings. OpenELEC has better and integrated hardware acceleration but lacks Armbian's Debian full featured system. You wont get it all together.

So it is possible to start kodi under Armbian ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trapped in OPENELEC. Addon RETRORANGEPI disappears or does not work. tinopapas 0 720 01-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: tinopapas
Question Openelec does not close berg927 2 871 01-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: tinopapas
  Remove Openelec Option from Menu afshimono 1 787 11-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: alexkidd